Chapter 4

Natsu blearily opened his eyes the next morning, wondering why he was so damn cold. Then, he turned his head and saw Gray's sleeping face and remembered. He almost sat straight up in shock, but didn't want to wake the sleeping Gray so, instead, he snuggled into Gray's chest.

"Natsu?"

"Oops, I didn't mean to wake you."

"No, its okay. It's morning anyway." Gray said, looking at the sunlight streaming in through the window.

"I never thought I'd be waking up next to you..."

"I didn't either, but..."

"It's nice" Natsu said, smiling up at Gray.

"Yeah, it is." Natsu climbed out of bed and went to brush his teeth. Gray followed him, taking in the messy bathroom. "You wouldn't happen to have an extra toothbrush, would you?"

"Actually, I do." Natsu handed handed Gray the toothbrush and Gray giggled.

"A dragon?"

"Shut up" Natsu said, blushing

"Awwee, you're so cute when you blush" Gray said and began brushing his teeth with the dragon-shaped toothbrush. After the boys had finished getting ready they headed out to the guild. Elfman, Erza, Mirajane, and several of the others that were already there looked up.

"It's weird seeing you two get along so well." Elfman commented

"Well, uhh.."

"Natsu! Lets go on a quest! You too, Gray and Erza!" Lucy exclaimed as she flung the door wide open.

"Way to make an entrance." Gray mumbled.

"Alright, sounds interesting." Ezra said. Gray and Natsu nodded their heads. "So what's this quest?"

"Well, I didn't wanna go grocery shopping alone..."

"SERIOUSLY?!" Gray, Erza, and Natsu chimed. Lucy just smiled back at them and before they knew it they were all wandering the aisles of the grocery store.

"Since you guys are always over and eating my food, I thought you might as well help with the shopping."

"Ooh! Popsicles!" Natsu exclaimed, and he was off.

"Guess I'll keep an eye on him." Gray said while the girls went to pick out bread. As soon as Gray rounded the corner of the freezer aisle, Natsu pounced on him and their lips met in a fiery passion rare for a grocery store. "N-Natsu!" Gray breathlessly said as he broke the kiss.

"What? I felt like kissing you. I kind of have years to make up for."

"Yeah, but we're in public." Just then, the boys heard giggling. Natsu slowly turned around to see Lucy and Erza's laughing faces and turned bright red.

"I totally knew it!" Lucy exclaimed. "Didn't I tell you?!"

"Yeah, yeah you did. I just never saw it happening."

"So you're not like freaked out?" Natsu asked cautiously.

"Of course we aren't! I think you two make a perfect, slightly argumentative couple."

"Ooh! I know! Lets go on a double date!" Erza yelled, a little too loudly. A couple people walking by turned and stared for a second.

"Erza, calm down. And by double date do you mean Gray and Natsu, and me and you?"

"That's exactly what I mean! Plus, I know you've always had a thing for me." Ezra winked suggestively at Lucy and Lucy bursted out laughing.

"Was it the longing glances that gave me away?" She asked jokingly.

"Definitely."

"So, where shall we go?"

"Um, you guys haven't asked OUR opinion on this!" Gray finally managed to join the conversation.

"Oh, Natsu, Gray, would you like to go on a date with us?" Erza asked.

"No-"

"We'd love to." Natsu said with a smile.

"Natsu!"

"What? It'll be fun." Natsu gave Gray a pleading look.

"Grrr. Fine. I'll go."

"Yay!" the other three exclaimed.

"But seriously, now that that's decided where shall we go?"

"We could do ice skating." Natsu suggested. Gray immediately liked that idea and so it was decided. They all finished their grocery shopping and got ready to head to the ice rink after dropping the groceries off.