Chapter Five

"Kaea Mclean. It's been a while" April smirked, busting Kaea in a moment with her husband and child.

Kaea stood up and greeting April with a smile and a hug that almost made the two girls fall to the ground.

"Hi Trey" April gave him a warm smile and kissed him on the cheek.

"Well, I'll leave yous guys alone. K text me because we need to chill on the asap. Nice seeing you Trey. Bye Bubba" She gave Darius a firm hug and began walking towards the other side of the food court to join Elijah & Christian. April had taken the role of babysitting Eli while Niko worked nights. April had promised both boys a feed if Christian picked up Eli from school and watched him while April made her way home from uni. And as luck would have it, Christian was responsible enough to keep Eli safe.

"How was school my babies?" April smiled, hugging Eli.

"It was good aunty, we learnt about planes" Eli smiled.

"What about you homo?" - April

"Half/half" He shook his head.

"What are you three doing here?" Roger approached their table from behind April.

It was like Roger was conveniently wherever April was. 

"Getting a feed lol. What do you want?" - April.

Christian and Elijah stayed quiet, witnessing the two about to fight like a married couple.

"Sehh must be that time of the month aye. Yous should be getting home, it'll be dark soon" Roger chuckled.

"I brought my car" - April

"And? I gotta run a few errands but when I get back and yous' are finish eating then we're leaving." Roger squeezed Aprils shoulder before walking away, which caused April to roll her eyes.

"I think Uncle Roger likes Aunty April" Elijah so innocently blabbered to Christian, which made Christian choke on his gum. April averted eye contact from her brother and began blushing. Christian squinted his chingy eyes at his sister, sussing out whether what Lijah said was true or not. There was no possible way that April could have any affection towards Roger, right?

April handed her brother a $50 note to buy some food. Christian returned shortly with a tray full of food and let April bless the food.

"Finish quickly because I wanna gap it" - April

"Uncle Roger said to wait till he comes back" - Elijah

"Yeah but Aunty April doesn't have to listen to Uncle Roger" April smirked back. Christian coughed, trying to hide his laugh as April glared at him.

Wouldn't say that if he was sitting right here, Christian thought to himself.

The three suddenly erupted into a conversation about school and family, as well as Jason's upcoming birthday. April wanted to hold a bbq in honour of her late brother with everyone he loved and who loved him. Christian agreed to it as well.

"Alright, kiddos lets go" They managed to demolish the food in under twenty minutes. They cleaned up their table and made a b-line to the closest exit. They were almost out the door when April heard Roger yell her name.

"Did I not tell yous' to wait for me?" He crossed his arms over his chest and stared straight at her. His eyebrow slit made him look 10x as furious but it didn't faze April. Christian took Elijahs hand and took a few steps back.

"Did I not tell you that my cars here?" She retorted back ever so angelically. This made Roger scratch the back of his head in frustration.

"Let's go" He let out a sigh and waited for April to comply. But as always, her stubborn ass smirked and continued to make her way out to her car. And of course in result, Roger lifted April and slumped her over his shoulder like she was weightless. Christian and Elijah began laughing hysterically as they followed Roger to his car.