Chapter Thirteen

April watched Kenai who was holding Lizzy and giving her some sun. She sat and watched from the deck with a glass of orange juice in her hand. Kenai and fatherhood fit together perfectly and she couldn't have asked for a better father for her niece.

April sighed, knowing she had to return to Sydney within the next week to face her troubles. Plus she dearly missed her family although she had only been gone for ten days. She needed to finalise things with Roger which would only properly happen face to face. And then she would need to mend her heart on her own and being her own "Roger detox".

But damn did she miss him.

And spent most nights beside her phone trying her hardest not to call and hear his voice. Or reach for that facetime button just to see his face. April laughed, she still loved this man with all her heart yet knew he wasn't what she needed anymore.

"He's good with her" Keahi took a seat beside her with a bottle of Kona beer in his hand.

"Yeah, he really is" April smiled tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. (OMG April you're acting like a high school girl with an obvious crush)

"You should come check out the club before you leave. Or check them out in Sydney, just show them this" Keahi handed April one of his VIP business cards.

"I would but I didn't really bring anything to wear. I'll check it out in Sydney" April nodded tucking the card inside her pocket.

"Go tonight sis. I'll take you shopping" Kenai walked back and overheard the conversation. His smile made it impossible for April to say no because Kenai being as stubborn as he was would force her out.

Kenai took Liz to the mall to scavenger together a last-minute outfit. Thirty minutes later she was fully satisfied and the two drove back home.

"You are evil" - April

"I'm not doing anything. I haven't properly had the chance to take you out and enjoy Hawaii but Keahi can. He's a good person. Just have one night out in Hawaii and you can continue spending your trip with Lizzy" - Kenai

April narrowed her eyes at him, knowing well enough he was trying to do something. April felt out of it going to a club with Keahi but was assured that she was safe in his hands. But she knew her awkwardness was going to show throughout the night. She took a shower and began to get ready.

April settled for a flowy white and gold playsuit and a pair of black sandals. No way was she going out in heels. April hadn't dressed up like this since her birthday dinner with the family, and it made her feel beautiful on the outside.

"Wow. You look different" Kenai tilted his head looking at April as she laughed.

"Yeah, you won't see me like this again for a while" She smiled grabbing her clutch from the counter and waited for Keahi to finish getting ready. He indeed looked decent as well. Dressed in black dress pants and a maroon button-up. It was simple yet he still looked mesmerising.

"You look beautiful" He smiled at April as he adjusted his watch.

"Okay guys me and my daughter need some quality time together. Enjoy your night and drive safe" Kenai basically pushed them both out the front door. Keahi being the gentleman he was, escorted April to his car before the two sped off. And for the first time, she took Keahi into consideration.

He's a businessman with a platform in multiple locations. He's respectful and a good cousin to Kenai. And Keahi didn't send off any bad vibes to make her feel uneasy. 

"I won't leave you tonight. But if I do I'll have someone watching you so you're okay." Keahi had a good way of making April feel safe. Roger gave her the same thing tho.

Gosh.

She kept comparing Keahi to Roger. April couldn't shake the feeling of "cheating" on Roger while being out with Keahi. 

The club was beautiful. April commented the way Keahi designed the place because it made it the place more comfortable. April didn't mind the noise but she definitely minded the dirty men that would sneak their way around her. Keahi made sure none of them bothered April.

Throughout the night she was around Keahi's arm meeting faces of other people he was in business with. She couldn't scratch her mind with how much of a gentlemen Keahi was towards her. It was very refreshing. Keahi excused her to get April to mingle with the crowd which was a bit of a backfire because April couldn't dance by herself. She waddled towards the VIP lounge and just sat to overlook the crowd. 

"Boss wants you to enjoy your night" - The security guard that Keahi had assigned to April muttered from the wall. 

"Sit down and keep me company then." April smiled patting the seat across from her. This seki reminded her of Roman.

"I'm April" 

"Boston" 

April and Boston began talking about everything. Boston was taken back by her eagerness because most people didn't want to talk to him whilst on the job and even found him scary. April dismissed that as she explained that she was used to being around boys like Boston because of her brother. April was enjoying her night tho. A change of scene was refreshing yet she missed her niece a lot. 

"Boston" the two looked and saw Keahi standing at the lounge gate.

"Keahi i told him to-"

"It's alright. Boston, go watch the east exit please" Keahi dismissed him as he sat down on the chair adjacent from April. He looked tired.

"We can go home if you want?" - April

"If you want to go then we'll go" Keahi began rolling up his sleeves to his elbows. 

April nodded. She was just as tired. Keahi took her by the hand and led her outside. April kept thanking him for giving her a nice night out and for letting her come to the club with him. April saw all the lights were off which meant the house was asleep as Keahi pulled up. April turned to bid him goodbye yet turned to find Keahi already jumping out of the car. He walked her all the way to the front door.

"Thank you again, for tonight" April smiled gripping onto her clutch. 

"Thank you for accompanying me" Keahi smiled back. The two stood in silence for a few moments before April tried to dismiss Keahi again. Keahi leaned in and brushed his lips against April. Leaving a soft kiss on her lips. 

"Oh" April didn't realise what had happened until Keahi pulled back. April was screaming on the inside.

"um. Good night Keahi" April smiled kissing him on the cheek before quickly disappearing inside. Keahi was left outside speechless. He hadn't even know why he did what he did.

"Wow" April was surprised to find Kenai standing there shaking his head.

"Stop it. I have no idea what I'm doing" April whined sinking her head into Kenai's shoulder. And again, the thought of Roger came back into her mind. 

Damn it.