Chapter 17//: Rebels and Royals

[E D I T E D]

♕✿~♕✿~Chapter 17//: Rebels and Royals ♕✿~♕✿~

It is Wednesday, and Rose, Addaline and I have just been released from Caroline and her torturous lessons. Today, we had to learn "basic" ballroom dances, and walking around in 5 inch heels for an hour is not a fun experience. I guess I'm lucky that I didn't have Caroline as my dance partner; Addaline was stuck with that misfortune, having Caroline chastise her about her form while, with the help of her ability, she moved gracefully.

We were all currently hanging out in the Women's room, which was empty except for us. Rose is lethargically sitting on the couch in front of the flat screen T.V. that takes up most of one wall, flicking through channels. She finally settles on a news report, which talks about the Choosing. In a corner, Addaline is reading a thick book with mild interest, as she keeps on glancing around the room with glazed eyes. I, settled in another corner, am just as bored as the rest of them.

Unfortunately, the silence doesn't last long because the doors to the Women's room suddenly are pushed open with such ferocity that we all jump. I look in bewilderment as the Silver competitors come sauntering in, separating into their own groups. Rose and Addaline quickly abandon what they are doing and rush over to my corner.

"Yikes. Dramatic entrance much?" Rose whispers to me. I smile in amusement at her as Addaline rolls her eyes at the passing Silver.

"They think they're so much better than Reds," Addaline says bitterly, and I'm surprised at the harshness in her voice. But, noticing my stares, Addaline quickly puts on a smile. "Honestly, they need to stop acting like they're everything," she says lightly.

Rose and I nod our head in agreement when a cackle breaks through the room. Only one person can laugh like the devil's spawn...I look over Rose's head to see Alexis laughing wickedly at a girl--Tara from House Blonos.

Her loudness brings everyone's attention to Alexis and Tara, and I feel bad for Tara as she blushes silver in embarrassment from all the sudden attention. I haven't heard her talk at all while we were here.

"Tara thinks she's so special because the prince kissed her once," Alexis announces snottily. I freeze up at the mention of Ahren having kissed someone. A hurting sensation is in my chest, and I feel immensely sad and betrayed at the news. But my heart hasn't fully shattered yet, because Alexis decides to give even more terrible news.

"I was Ahren's first kiss," Alexis says with a smirk. The girls gasp in shock, and some stare daggers at Alexis competitively. While Rose and Addaline gape at the girl brave enough to announce such a thing, my heart just shatters into more pieces at each passing second. And here I thought Ahren actually felt something for me.

"Plus, I kissed him multiple times on our date on Saturday," Alexis adds, as if knowing how heartbroken I am. Which she probably does. My mouth presses into a thin line as I take in the information. Alexis wouldn't really need a reason to lie, so she was probably telling the truth. It didn't help my wounded heart that Ahren and Alexis basically had a make out session.

With my crazed emotions jumping around in me, I quickly get up from the chair I was sitting in and start to walk out of the Women's Room. I can feel Rose and Addaline's worried stares as I rush out of the room with flushed cheeks from the emotions boiling in me.

I can't believe how stupid I was!! How could I have let myself develop feelings for him while he was going around kissing people? I was a stupid, naive teenage girl who was whooshed off the ground by a guy who is a player. I got distracted from my plan. I'm only staying here for a month for the money, and that's it.