Chapter Four

The next morning was like death. The black hands strangled me, pulling and pushing my body to move. Breaking each bone as an attempt to get a sound or movement out of me all while trying to pull me under into the dark, black hole that lays far under the -

Okay, that's dramatic, but my alarm did go off for school and since I was up until two o'clock hanging with West it wasn't exactly my favorite thing to hear three hours later. Therefore, this morning was starting off like death.

West knocked a few times, entering my room with a cup of coffee in his hand,"Ah, rise and shine."West said looking all sweaty, probably from the morning jogs he does.

I pouted,"Where's mine?"

He chuckled, ruffling my already bedridden hair."In a container waiting to be made."

In response, I threw a pillow at him and started getting my stuff together for school."What are you doing up so early anyways?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I have to make that stop and check on my mom's friend and get whatever she wanted to give me and then I have to catch my flight." He said and I frowned.

I don't get why his mom's friend couldn't just mail whatever it is she's giving him, but since he got a nice visit here I'd have to say I didn't really mind.

"I wish you could stay longer," I said sadly as I try to brush out all the knots in my hair, he walked over and gave me a side hug and I pretended to gag, pushing him away.

"Okay, you smell like sweat. You can go now." I said plugging my nose and shooing him away.

He only chuckled, "That's what happens when you go jogging on a hot day." He said and I couldn't help the snort that came from me.

"It's always a hot day in Long Beach," I said before walking into my closet and grabbing a pair of leggings and a long t-shirt to cover my butt.

When I walked out, my cousin how now moved to just sitting back on my bed with his phone in his hand. I raised an eyebrow,"Do you mind?" I asked and he looked up at me.

"Nah, not at all. Continue with your little morning routine." He said and I rolled my eyes, but still did exactly that, quickly taking a shower, I quickly washed my body and hair and body before getting out. I knew I'd have more time to enjoy the hot water later after my jog.

I quickly brushed out my wet hair and then blow dried it. Once it was completely dry, I got dressed and then headed out to my vanity, doing my usual braids and then the bun before putting on the wig cap and the and put it in a neat bun at the top of my head.

I then moved onto the nose part and easily put it on before I added my glasses on just as my phone rung loudly though out the room.

"Hello?" West said into the device, since it just so happened to be right next to him. I attempted to grab it out of his hands, but once he stood up it was nearly impossible even at me being 5'10.

He pulled the phone away from his ear and covered it with his phone."Clove, Tori said that the key's not in the rock. Therefore, you have five seconds to open the door before she beats your ass." He said innocently and I punched his arm.

"Well, go replace it and let her in, you idiot. What were you going to do? Take it with you back to Seattle?" I asked shaking my head. He only stuck his tongue out at me before telling Tori that he'd be down in a sec and hanging up the phone.

A minute later, my favorite brunette friend was in my room. "Hey, I thought I was driving today?" I asked curiously as I grabbed my book bag and made sure my history book was in there since I forgot it yesterday.