Chapter Seven

~Andrew's POV~

I leaned against the doorway, watching as Clover headed down the driveway, walking whichever way to her house. I smirked slightly as I saw her head down the street. She was an interesting girl, not at all what I was expecting. Stacey made it seem like she was this girl was an awful human being that everyone needed to have a vendetta against.

From what I saw, she was fairly nice. Sure, she was sarcastic and had some lame attempts with sass, but it was cute in a way. I shut the door and headed back into the kitchen to try to finish cleaning up. My eyes landed on a pair of glasses laying on the counter.

"She needed these alright," I muttered, rolling my eyes. I wasn't sure why she wore them, but it was clear she didn't need them at all as she was doing the research paper I had just fine. A door suddenly opened and I closed my eyes, cringing.

This was going to be good.

I slid the glasses in my pocket and prepared to face the wrath of my mother.

She walked into the kitchen, not noticing me as she put the few backs of groceries on the counter. "Andrew!" She yelled, not realizing I was right behind her. She turned to put the bread in the bread box and froze when she saw the state of the other half of the kitchen.

"Hey, Ma. You're home early." I said nervously, rocking on the balls of my feet. My mother was a very scary person when she was mad, but who's mom wasn't?

"Andrew Jackson Carter," She seethed my name between her teeth and I could almost seem the steam leaving her head. "You better have a damn good explanation for what happened in here." My mother said keeping her voice calm, but I knew on the inside she mentally thinking about all the ways to make me mad, whether it was take away my phone or whatever.

"Sorry, mom." I said awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck. "Me and a friend got into a little food fight. It's not a big deal, though. I'll clean it up."I said and she nodded.

"You didn't have a choice in the matter." She snapped. "Who even said you could have friends over?"

"She was just helping me with homework," I said pointing at the work sitting on the table for proof. It was like a switch was clicked as suddenly her anger disappeared.

"You said she. You brought a girl over?" My mother asked looking at me with a smile.

"Yeah, it's not a big deal, though," I said facing away from her as I finished wiping off the counter.

"Awe my little baby has a crush." My mother says, pulling me into a hug.

"Mom!" I groan and pulled out of the hug."I don't know where you got that from, but you're clearly delusional."

"Delusional? No. I'm just smart enough to realize that you must like something about this girl if you're bringing her home. You never bring anyone here besides maybe Jake." She said and I shrugged. It was true. Even when I throw parties I usually have them at an old warehouse that isn't used.

"It's nothing." She only squealed, hugging me again. I let out another groan.

"Mom, really?"

"Oh, right, I'm sorry. I forgot you are still going through that stage of life where you are 'too old' to have a hug and a kiss from your only mother." My mom said dramatically, pretending to wipe away non-existent tears on her face. I roll my eyes at her dramatics. I pulled into a hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"There? You happy?" I asked, knowing that's the only way she would stop the pretend crying.

"What's for dinner?" I asked pulling away and sweeping up the rest of the crumbs I pushed off the counter onto the floor.