A Letter to Sam

Did you ever feel that one emotion on the last day of summer? That one that feels like it's going to rip your heart out? That one, when you finally realize, tomorrow starts school again?
If you have it, do you think of your summer as 'wasted' because you didn't do the things you actually wanted to do? Or do you think summer should go on forever, 'cause the feeling you had when you met your friends and didn't have to think about time, was awsome?
Every summer has a story. (Such Tumblr but whatever)
You get older, time flies by, and before you even know it, it's Fall and you have to face all the teachers and classmates you don't like, again. You have to deal with them again.
And maybe it was your last summer not to have a job. Maybe it was the last good summer.

Did you have a summer romance?
Did you read all the books you wanted to read?
Did you play all the videogames?
Did you watch all the movies?
Did you finish all the series you wanted to watch?
...
Probably not. Maybe that's why you have that feeling.

At the end of school and at the beginning of summer break you always tell your friends:"Chill! We have the whole summer to do this!" But in the end you always realize that you didn't have as much time as you thought you'd have.
It feels like the feeling is eating you up, insides first. But you can't stop time, have an endless summer. But what would summer be good for, if it would last forever? Summer's just awsome because there's no school to think about, but if there's no school anyways, would it be worth it?

It's the last day of summer break and you don't want to go to bed, because you want this day to last forever, however you know you have to wake up early the next day.
Looking at the horizon, the nightly starlight and the moon shining on it's brightest, you think about life. About how cool or disappointing your summer was and how cool or disappointing the next school year's going to be.

Did you go on vacation with your family or friends? Was it fun? Was it worth it? Was it worth the money? Nomatter if it was worth it or not, was it fun? Did you learn something new?

Are you frightened from what may come in the following year?
Do you need somebody to believe in you or do you believe in yourself enough to don't need anybody else to believe in you? What is it that you are frightened of? Do you think it's kind of ridiculous or is it a serious problem? Let me tell you. It doesn't matter if you think it's ridiculous or not, as long as you think it's a problem, it is a real problem. Try to fix it and please. Stop whining and do something. It won't fix on it's own.

I always think of these things. But let me tell you, as soon as I go back to school again, my doubts are gone. Everything's kind of like I never left school in July. Well maybe there are a few exceptions, but they are small and easy to ignore. Or are there bigger ones? I know I could just call, visite or mail you. But for some reason I wanted to write you this on a sheet of paper with a pen and everything. Maybe 'cause it's more personal and we like that kind of stuff. You know. Old stuff. *wink*

Thanks for spending another summer with me, beeing my best friend and helping me due my yearly existential crisis. (You know. The time I fear going back to school 'cause I could incredibly fail at something.)
You know what I like about you? You are never complaining. Or... You're never as much complaining as I do. You are going with the steam, whatever comes, and you don't look back. You aren't regreting something, anything, and nevertheless you are standing by my side. Telling me everything's gonna be fine. Helping me surching a solution for every absurd thing I consider as a threat.

Thank you also for playing Pokémon go with me. It was fun. Real fun. (Hate me for playing it, idc, I'm totally honest and let me tell you, I love it.) I never felt this fit in my whole life and I wasn't as lazy as ever.

I'm really glad you found someone you really like this summer. And with 'really like' I mean "really like" *wink again* May you receive the love you deserve. If not. I'm gonna find him. And torture him. You know how it is. (But you also know that I'm just kidding, I'm not actually going to hurt him but maybe I'll talk to him with harsh words.)

Last but not least I can't thank you enough and I'm going to end it here.

See you soon,

Charly ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then a single tear rolled down Sam's face.
...
And she smiled.