Game Over. Please restart the Game.

Life's not easy nor fair. It's difficult, unfair, transient, and in every way, sometimes, unbearable.
You have one Game Over after the other and you always restart. Restart from the last Checkpoint and try again. You try again and again and again and sometimes it feels like you didn't come any further or it feels like you didn't even come as far as you did when you last tried.
Life's like a Game at some point. Some like to refer at it as a Book.

'Turn a new page in your book.'
'Start a new chapter in your book.'

A washed out adage. For once, just for once, let's speak about life like it was a Game.
There are some unreachable aspects, some that are hard to get. You try once, twice, maybe even a third time but you fail. You are about to give up, no, you have given up and so you surch for a shortcut. For an easier way, and eventually you find one. With new confidence you go your way. Head first into something unexpected. Maybe you master it, maybe you need a second chance. Sometimes you don't even get a second chance. But you get over it and go along your path nonetheless.
As you walk and live your adventure, you make friends, allies and enemies. Some stay with you 'til the end, others leave you behind and want to walk their way without you.

There's always a bigger goal. Sometimes you have to save the princess, sometimes you have to master an uncountable amount of quests, but almost every time you have to save the world. Become a hero.

In my point of view, and that's just my opinion, every hero's awsome in his own way. As for that I can say, Sam, your way, is one of the most epic one I've ever seen.
Oh if you'd know how often you save me, how often you are my hero in shining armour. When it comes to saving lives, oh boy, let me tell you, you've saved at least one hundred.

The checkpoints though, let us talk about the checkpoints.
In the beginning, and you know this, Lucas, Rachol (yes with an 'o') and maybe Blake were my checkpoints I always reached out for them when I felt shitty. And now, you, Math, Daniel, Leo, Felic and still Rachol are my fucking get-away. I love to return to you guys every once in a while and refill my energy in order to move faster on my big journey. You freaky dudes make my life likeable and give me a reason to go on with this, sometimes, unbelievable though, shitty and for the most part, heart-tearing experience I call my life.

Hah, I shouldn't be so nice to you guys. In the end there comes a plot twist and you're all going to betray me, and I would give some heroic fucking sacrifice to save you if you'd be in some weird situation you can't escape from.
...
Guys if I lose you as a checkpoint in my game, I'll lose everything so please don't stab me in the back.

After reading it a second time, Charly shook her head laughing silently. What was she thinking? Never ever she should think something like this. Her friends would never let her down. She instantly felt awful. How could she deceive her buddies like this. They would never defraud her. Her friends and Charly, they are like a little family. A little loser family who feel cool together but everybody knows they have a loose screw. Nonetheless, they have it all together, so it's okay.

She deleted the message she wanted to send in the group chat.

"Hey Kid! Are you ready?", her Dad screamed up the hallway.

-"Yeah! Coming!", she replied and grabbed her bag, rushing down the stairs.

"So where are you meeting today?", her Dad asked, already knowing the answer.

-"Leo. Let's go!"

They hopped into the car and her father drove her all the way to Leo's house. He waved goodbye, told her to take care, saw Leo's parents, nodded at them and returned back home. Charly's friends were sitting around the bonfire already.

"Hey there, Charly! Look we have marshmallows and sparkling wine! Your fav~our~ite!", Felic pointed out and wiggled with her eyebrows. Leo and Sam laughed. Charly held back a hysterical laughter and went to sit beside them. Music was playing, stars where shining above, the fire made Charly feel like she was miles and miles away but now she finally returned home. After such a long time, she finally came back to her checkpoint once again. Her own, personal checkpoint.

After a while, though, she noticed today wasn't like normal. Something was different. Something about all this was... Odd.

-"Where are Math and Dan?", she inquired concerned.

"They didn't make it.", Leo explained. And then he added:"Again."

Suddenly it was awfully quiet, only the music playing in the background. Again. Math and Dan... They didn't come in a long time. They were getting further and further away. The two of them are avoiding the group. In no time Charly felt a thing moving from her chest all the way up to her throat. She felt sick all of a sudden and she didn't even drink yet.

She was losing them, wasn't she?