The time they ran away

It was the day of Sam's 14th birthday.
In fact, it was the day of her party.
The sun was shining and birds were probably singing somewhere.
But Charly tried her best to be punctual for the celebration. She was still at home and tried to make that perfect look of natural but naughty make-up she liked so much to wear.

"Crap.", she hissed in a hurry.

She received a message on her phone.
Girl, u have 2 come even earlier.
-Felic

"Crap!", she shouted in disbelieve.

She tried to calm down and finally got the most beautiful eye make-up ever made.
She threw on her black snapback that spelled 'OMG' in a white font.
Decition was made and she wore a light blue, sleeveless shirt that was just long enough to cover up her tummy. (But it was longer on the back.)
And blue jeans. (Don't judge her sence of style, she didn't have anything else to wear.)
She packed her things and rushed out of the house to mount her bike.
She took the shortcut through the forest. This was why mud spattered all over her and covered her fully.

At the time she got to Felic, she was covered in mud and almost got smashed by car. But she was 5 minutes earlier at Felic's than she would have had to be.

She checked her phone.
A new message.
Sry girl. False alarm. Dan was over reacting. We have plenty of time.
-Felic

"Oh are you kidding me?!", she exclaimed annoyed.

Just in that moment, Felic opened the door.

-"Heyyy Girl, c'mon in."

Charly stepped in and half an hour later, she wore new blue jeans which she borrowed from Felic, was clean, because they washed the dirt out of her clothes and both of them wore a snapback now.
Perfect at last.

They made their way to Dan's home and saw how he was preparing the BBC. When Sam arrived with Lucy, they wore two beautiful dresses. Sam a light pink one, that reached to her knees and Lucy a simple, but also super astonishing, black one.
No idea why they wore dresses to a BBC, but... Whatever it was Sam's Birthdayparty and she looked A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Wait. What? You don't know who the freak "Lucy" is?
Well let's say...
She was Sam's bff.
Yeaah.
Was.

Anyway, they ate, gave her their presents and talked.

At some point, it seemed like Sam was getting bored, she started texting her cousin and said stuff like:"I really want to go and visit him, right now... It's always so much fun, when I'm around him." More to herself than to Charly, but hey?! What do you have friends for, huh? So Charly suggested to go visit him.

"No man, I can't do that. This is my party."

-"And you are bored, right?"

She didn't say anything.

-"Man, nobody will complain if you have fun on your own party. Let's just go for a quick visit! Nobody will even notice we are gone! Will be back soon enough."

Charly took her hand and pulled her outside. It was easier than she thought.

They went straight to Charly's Bicycle and hopped on it. Sam in the front, Charly on the back.

They drove near the home of Sam's cousin and had a great time, playing football in the dawn/night with him and his best friend.

Every now and then a phone of the two started ringing, and somebody from the party back at Dan's home, told them to come there please and stay there.
And every time they answered with the same sentence:"We'll be back at 11:00 pm, we promise!"

Of course they were annoying them. But they had so much fun.
Up to that point, Sam's dress was covered in mud like crazy. CRAZY I say.

In conclusion what they did with Sam's cousin and his best friend:

• Hunt the boys on the bicycle
• play a soccer match together
• make an owner
• run away with the ball and get chased by the two boys

But the clock soon hit 10:45 pm and they were heading back.
Of course they were having fun, but they were no assholes.
On the way back, Charly always said how much they gained on trusting each other tonight. How the night couldn't have been more fun. How their friendship was growing and so so much stronger than before. After all, Sam seemed happy.

But one call, destroyed Sam's mood for sure.
It was Dan. And all he said was:

"Assholes."

Before he hang up.

They stopped their way.

-"Whaaaat?!", Sam cried out.
Oh, she was angry now.
Dan had nooo reason to fucking do this. No freaking reason. They were on their way back and it was 10:55 pm. They would have been there in time. But you know what? After this? Screw them, they thought.
Let's go back to Sam's Cousin, they thought. And, fuck yeah, they did go back. Because, you know, Sam was, or is, naturally a really calm person. Nothing could make her angry easily. Except for one thing; when you call her things.
And this was why they headed back, ignoring all the calls from their friends, and stayed another hour at her cousin's.

When the clock hit 12:00 pm the boys said they were supposed to go to bed now and so they left and Sam and Charly went back to the Party they were supposed to be, missed the cocktails the others made and got a headache, skipped playing just dance and layed on the Couch 'til morning.
What made the whole situation so uncomfortable, was the dress Sam was wearing. Did you ever sleep in a dress? It's fucking annoying.

No offense but the best part was, when Lucy brought some clothes to change, so she could sleep comfortably.
Yeah, like, reminding your best friend on her birthday to do so as well is overrated anyways. It seems like no big deal. I know. But she always did that kind of stuff to her. Of course, she stayed nice and calm and everything. But she always gave a shit on Sam's oppinion on things. Even though friends are supposed to respect each others idea of something, right?