The Essential Bride (12)

I was laying in a soft, lovely bed. My eyes almost didn't want to open, but when I did I smiled. Bright sun was fluttering through a massive bay window, scattering a pattern on the bright white sheets. A white feather blanket was tangled around my knees, revealing that I was wearing black boy shorts and a skimpy white spaghetti strap tank top. I was filled with happiness, my heart light, my smile refusing to falter. 

The room around me was beautiful, light blue walls with a white trim, books lined one wall, on the one across from the bay window was a door ajar. This was home. Pictures covered the walls, of me and a gorgeous man with blue eyes and light brown hair.

Leon. My Leon, how could I forget him? 

I stretched in bed, my muscles felt relaxed and I was comfortable. My hair danced on the pillow case, creating a halo around my head, not in a tangled mess, I could tell. I felt beautiful... because I was beautiful.

From the door on my right side, almost near the foot of my lovely bed my lovely Leon stepped out in a bright white, thin t-shirt and dark blue boxers. I could see his thick, lean muscles through his shirt and it made my heart flutter. Leon was perfect, he was everything I could ever dream of. The perfect man. The man that loved me with his whole heart, and I loved him too.

"Hello Ma Cherie," he spoke softly, stepping quietly to me. My whole body tingled, a familiar feeling cascading on me, I loved it. It tingled my neck, making me realize how much he cared for me. I would never be able to get enough. I smiled back at him and moved over on my own side of the bed to make room for him. I wanted nothing more than to snuggle into his side, and be in his comfort. He crawled into bed next to me and I immediately moved to nuzzle my head into his chest. He laughed quietly into my ear. "I'm so happy to have you by my side, you are everything I have ever needed." Leon ran his fingers through my hair, lifting my head so I could look at him. "You are simply beautiful when you smile." 

He started to lean his head up and towards mine, the happiness that flowed through me ...was almost unbearable. The tingling feeling in my neck almost began to burn, and I wanted to say something. Leon went in for a kiss, and I wanted to tell him something, tell him what? Tell him yes, I love him and that there was no one else that I would rather be with? That I felt safe in his arms? That he was beautiful too?

No... what I did I want to tell him?

About my burning neck?

What did I want to say to him? I stared into his eyes, the creeping feeling coming back, I didn't want this. I didn't want his eyes to swallow me.

I couldn't speak though, my mind was racing, panic welling inside me ..I wanted to say no, but I couldn't; my mouth wouldn't work. It was as if I had no tongue, no method of speaking.

No.

No.. I screamed in my mind, begging him to listen. This wasn't real. This wasn't my home, this wasn't my life. He wasn't who I thought he was, I feared him. This was fake. I feared him.

Leon wasn't human, something screamed in the back of my head. Not human...

"No!"

I jerked up from the passenger side of the seat I had fallen asleep in earlier, sweat rolling down my back, my whole face was covered in a sheen of sweat and the AC only cooled the sweat making my body rack with a chill. I snapped my head to look at the driver, the familiar stranger, Leon, was controlling the car and my heart sank. He looked older, sadder than I was used to. He had a deep frown set on his face.

"I apologize Ma Cherie. I thought..." Leon began to speak but I shook my head. We were on a long highway that I didn't recognize going faster than I was comfortable with but that wasn't what was making my mind race.