The Essential Bride (24)

"Don't let it get to your head." I scolded Leon as I climbed out of bed. It was 7am, much earlier than I normally wake up lately but it quickly dawned on me as I slowly woke up that I had actually let Leon share my bed with me last night. I woke up completely tangled into him, soaking up all his warmth and comfort, and he was doing nothing to hide that he was eating it up. He had his arms wrapped around me, stroking my back, it was awful.

It felt completely right though.

But it was awful.

Leon smirked, stretching in my bed, getting more tangled into the sheets. "It's hard not to Ma Cherie, this is the happiest my heart has ever been." I rolled my eyes at his words.

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Do you think we could continue our morning like we had been?" Leon asked, and I jerked my head at him to show him my great displeasure in that plan. He sighed, "it's a shame we couldn't do this tonight as well."

"Well it's good you know it'll never happen again." I laughed, pretending it didn't hurt that he just assumed we wouldn't be sleeping together anymore, not that I actually wanted to anymore.

Leon got out of my bed and laughed with me, "you sound so sure, like you could actually manage to sleep without me by your side for a night now." I scoffed, "unfortunately, you will have to for tonight at least. I have g3o in to town to discuss future plans with... Some very important people."

"What??" I demanded turning to face him. "You can't just leave."

"Don't think you could bare to be away from me?" Leon asked, a happy smile on his face as he floated over to me like he was going to engulf me in a hug. "It will be hard for me to, I assure you."

"Screw missing you, that isn't my concern. You can't just leave me here. The only reason I'm here is you." I couldn't believe this. "Why can't you bring me with you?" I suggested, blown away that he thinks he could do this.

"This is important matters that are for my ears only. It bothers me leaving you here without me as well, but you're safer here at the manor with Margaret and the help."

"The help that doesn't even talk to me." I mumbled.

"They will soon enough. I have to.." Leon cut himself off. "Soon Ma Cherie. You can know all soon, I'm just waiting for the right time."

"Almost six months after you kidnapped me and 'the right time' hasn't happened yet?!" I yelled, going towards the door. "I have to shower, you can show yourself out."

In the shower I contemplated why I was so annoyed. Part of it definitely was still not knowing why Leon took me. He kept saying I was his mate, but there was so much I didn't know. So much more for me. The servants kept talking about me like I was going to be something important to them, yet weren't allowed to say anything to me. Margaret kept smiling at me like she knew something I didn't.

I wasn't mad about this last night when I happily fell asleep letting Leon sleep beside me but outside of the blankets. I didn't understand where he was leaving, why he was leaving and most importantly, why I couldn't come with him. That made no sense to me, the whole reason I was here was him, the least he could do was stick around.

Who would keep me safe while he was gone?

***

It was later in the afternoon when Leon found me in my nostalgic bedroom, listening to the music on my old iPod touch.

"The least you could have done was give me my old laptop, that way I could have synced my new music to this thing. Now I'm stuck listening to the album Electra Heart. It came out five years ago Leon." I complained throwing myself on the bed.