Chapter 2 (✔️)

Ladybug

"Hello Ladybug,"

Dismissing the noticeable ice over his words, I smiled slightly and kept my back to him, staring off into the sparkling distance of Paris.

"Hey there Chat." I replied, still smiling as the golden lights dazzled my sight. Silence filled the air, and a cold wind ruffled past. But the only sound was the faint honking of cars down in the roads far below. I waited half a minute for a flirty response, but I didn't get anything.

Instantly, I knew something was off. I turned my head around, trying to locate the sound of his voice in the shadows of the chimneys.

"Chat?" I tried again.

That was odd. I definitely heard him...  I pursed my lips. He wasn't usually like this, he would answer immediately. Maybe it was the cold air or the darkness of the night that was making me feel paranoid and jittery, but I couldn't be sure. "Mon Chat, where are you?" I asked, my voice in a sing-song tone, but worry was starting to creep through my throat.

"Chat?" I called out, the urgency now clear in my voice. It wasn't a mistake. I definitely heard him. I could recognise his voice from anywhere.

"Chat, if this is another one of your games, I suggest you stop and come out now!"

The only response was my own echo.

"Chat?" My voice was a whisper now, the dance of the shadows around me not making me feeling any easier.

Silence.

Maybe I was just imagining things. Maybe I just needed to head back home and get some rest. Maybe—

A cold breeze ruffled me out of my thoughts, an uneasy creep raised the hairs on the back of my neck. Suddenly, the cold wasn't the only thing making me shiver.

I needed to get out of here, and fast.

"It's not like you to cower away from danger."

A cold, gloved hand shot out of nowhere and grasped my wrist in an iron clamp. I let out a gasp at how strong and cold his touch was, almost as cold as ice.

"Chat?" my voice filled with questioning. I searched the near darkness for a pair of friendly green eyes, but I found myself straining against the shadows. "Uh..."

A pair of purple feline eyes lit up before my eyes, making me jump back in surprise, though not getting far thanks to his grip.

It was like as if he materialised out of the shadows that seemingly loomed over him, casting him in an eerie light.

But as he moved further into his light, I at last noticed what was unnerving me.

His outfit was white.

"Chat?" Now my tone was uncertain, almost afraid.

"Yes, whatever is it about me?"

"You're-you're-you-"

"I think I already noticed m'lady."

He pulled out his staff, now tainted with the same colour, and started spinning it around in his free hand.

I pursed my lips, fright slowly creeping up on me, though I was determined not to show it.

"You're akumatised, aren't you?" I blurted, unsure of where my mouth was taking me. How could this have happened?

What had happened?

"Glad you noticed. It's a wonderful thing, being able to know that you have the power to overwhelm any enemy." He leaned in close, then dropped my hand as if he were disposing of it.