Chapter 6 (✔️)

Chat Blanc

I sat on the edge of a building, watching the rising sun cast its golden and orange rays across Paris. I knew that it was almost five in the morning, and that in exactly an hour and a half, I would have to get back to the Agreste mansion.

Agreste.

Sometimes I wonder how my life could've gone on if my name didn't define me. Maybe mother would still be here, maybe I would've never had to argue with my father, maybe I would be living a peaceful and humble life. A normal life.

But then and again, if it weren't for that, I would've never had the chance of being Chat Blanc.

And you would've never met Marinette. A weak voice quietly whispered in my head. Growling at my own antics, I raked a clawed glove through my hair, shaking my head. Oh why had I done that? It was stupid of me to do that. I didn't have time or space for it. I was being an idiot, it was something that Chat Noir would have done. She shouldn't have made me feel that way. A sudden pull, a feeling of mercy, a split-second of kindness... a guilt clawing at my inside.

My mind just couldn't help but replay that scene, over and over again in my mind. Her soft touch, the look of helplessness in her eyes, the vulnerability in how she had held herself, as if with just a finger of my touch and she would shatter in my arms. The whispered words, the asked questions, the denial and the tone of her voice, sweet and high pitched rang clear in my head. Why was it that when I touched her, sparks scattered and bounced along my skin? How was she able to create this... feeling in me?

And that kiss.

Her lips against mine, somehow still willing as she had connected us first, her head angled up to meet mine. I never thought that...even after almost killing her, she would find it in her to forgive that quickly. Did humankind really have it in them to do that? I wasn't sure what to make of her now. Marinette, the shy girl sitting behind me in school before my akumatisation... I almost couldn't believe that it was the same person. I had never even noticed her...

I shook my head, trying my hardest to clear out my thoughts, to stop thinking about her.

And then there was Léa.

A rush of anger flooded through me. She claimed she was an Agréste.

Léa Agréste.

As far as I knew, "Agréste" wasn't the most common name in France. I didn't know what she was playing at, and the fact that Marinette was a close neighbour to her.

I shoved the thought away and clenched my jaw. I needed to get her out of my head.

Beep beep.

I lazily glanced down at my baton lying at my side. The screen had activated to reveal a small alarm clock blinking back at me with 5:25 stated in an urgent purple. Sighing, I picked it up and started to head back.

Behind me, the sun rose over the top of the buildings, and black birds flew into the sunrise.

"Adrien Agréste?"

"Here Mademoiselle."

"Chloë?"

"Here miss!" She replied in a shrilly voice.

"Ivan?"

"Here."

"Alya?"

"Sick." I responded without hesitation. Miss Bustier glance at me up and down, her red hair tied up in a meticulous bun and nodded.