Epilogue

One year had passed since my kidnapping ordeal and the death of Charles. I felt like a big weight was lifted off of my shoulders once I found out that Charles was, in fact, dead. At the police station, Officer Stanley told me the whole story.

After I called the police that night, at the bar, they had also recieved two other calls prior. There were complaints about Charles driving erratically down the country road near his parents cabin, where he held me captive. It was on the outskirts of Charleston. Two people had called the police to report him for reckless driving. When the police arrived, they tried to pull him over, but he wouldn't stop. He also threatened them with a gun, so they had no other choice but to shoot, and when they did, they killed him.

I discovered that Charles used to see a psychiatrist, about five years ago. His former psychiatrist determined that Charles had a psychotic breakdown and that's what led him to do what he did to me that night. I also found out that he spent time in a psych ward as a youth due to his obsession with torturing and killing animals when he was a kid.

Once the police finished their investigation, we discovered that Charles was kidnapping and killing women when he was supposed to be working overtime.

His parents offered me their deepest sympathies, they were so very apologetic. It was just as hard for them to come to terms with Charles being a serial killer just as it was for me.

I was still in therapy and recovering from the detrimental psychological impact the kidnappings, murder and my relationship with Charles had on me. It would take some years for me to make a full recovery, according to my therapist.

I moved in with my parents. I didn't mind because I felt very safe there and they always tended to my needs. If I was having a nightmare or flashbacks, Mom and Dad would immediately console me until I felt safe.

I picked up a part time job as a personal trainer at my local gym. I decided that being gainfully employed, along with the benefits of being physically active, would help me to get my mind off of everything. I also started dating one of my co-workers, Tristan, whom was also a personal trainer. He knew all about my past- the kidnappings and murders, and he was quite understanding of the fact that I wanted to take things slow. I learned to not rush into any relationship, but to take things slow and get to really know the person.

Overall, my life was slowly coming back together. I was very thankful that I had survived, but felt great sympathy for those women that didn't.

I was finally at peace with everything and life was slowly becoming a much more happier place for me.

*Please Vote or Comment if you enjoyed reading this book. Thank you so much for reading!!**