Awakening

Hi, everyone.  So I checked my profile to find that I've finally got a follower!  Thank you!  I hope to get more followers soon.  I know I'm not the best writer and I'm just glad people are reading my stories.  I also hope that you guys might type some comments or two; tell me if you like the stories.  Thanks.

Anyways, if you want to know Shirou's new powers, look at the story A New Fate.  After the first part, I included a chapter dedicated to Shirou's powers.

Now to begin the story.  I do not own Young Justice or the Fate series.  You look for the owners yourself.

The Tower of Fate

Shirou's P.O.V.

I woke up groggily and disoriented.  I looked around to find myself on top of a large tower.  In the center of the tower, I saw a golden helmet suspended in mid air.  Curious, I walked slowly to it.

"Now," I said, "what are you supposed to be?"

I used my Structural Analysis to see what the helmet was, but something about the helmet kept on resisting my magic.  Annoyed, I decided to put the helmet on.  ""Slowly, I took the helmet into my hands and placed it on my head, and the world disappeared.

"What the Root?" I shouted, alarmed.  The world around me had turned dark, with the helmet appearing in the air.

"Who are you?" a deep and powerful voice rang from the helmet.  "How did you find this place?"

Obviously, some kind of spiritual, possibly divine being.  I kept calm.  "I am Shirou Emiya," I said in a intimidating voice.  "And who am I speaking to."

The voice gave a huff.  "From the mana radiating from you, I can see you are a mage.  A powerful one judging from your aura.  How do you not know my name."

The voice had become less intimidating, more curious.

"You still haven't answered my question."

The voice gave another annoyed huff.  "I am Nabu, Lord of Order and sorcerer supreme.  Any mage from this dimension should know this.  Where did you come from?"

I gave Nabu a smirk.  "Well you've just answered your own question."

"How did you travel to this dimension?"

"Have you ever heard of a man named Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg?"

Nabu gave an irritated moan.  "So it was that vampire was it?  I should have known.  That Dead Apostle is a menace to all of creation.  So that means your from the multiverse normally called the Nasuverse."

I blinked, confused.  "Nasuverse?"

"Never mind.  So did Zelretch send you here for his amusement or something more dire?"

"Actually, I'm a Counter Guardian.  I made a pact to the Counter Force of my world to be an agent to it.  It's my job to clean up the messes of humanity, keep humanity from becoming extinct, and keep the world from dying."

"A Counter Guardian?  Really?  Never seen one with my own eyes before."  Nabu's voice had become very curious and I felt myself being inspected with new interest.  "I'll have to make sure."

Feeling someone, probably Nabu, trying to enter my mind, my magical and mental defenses immediately sprung into action.  Searing pain erupted in my head.  After a few minutes of pain, Nabu must have given up.

"How much did you see?" I demanded, angrily.

"Enough," Nabu said.  "I only saw glimpses.  Your defenses are quite formidable.  You'll make an excellent agent for the Lords of Order."

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious.

"In this dimension, there are two powerful magical races: the Lords of Order and the Lords of Chaos.  We are unable to stay tethered to this reality without an anchor.  My anchor is the helmet.  Lords of Order and Chaos are constantly fighting against each other, using our anchors, or agents, to do battle.  Seeing your abilities, I can use you to destroy all Lords of Chaos."

Okay, I did not like the sound of that.  "Sorry, Nabu," I said.  "I'm done being someone's puppet.  I think I'll just take this helmet off now."

Nabu laughed.  "You cannot take the helmet off.  Your motor functions have been disconnected by magic."

I smiled.  "Then I have the perfect thing," I said.  I reached out my hand and summoned a certain dagger appeared in it.  Rule Breaker, the ultimate anti-magic weapon.  I got to one knee and stabbed the ground.  Cracks of light erupted from where I stabbed.

"What!" Nabu shouted, outraged.

The cracks increased, until the darkness around me shattered, leaving me in my reality marble.  Then, just as the reality marble appeared, it disappeared and I found myself back in the tower.  The helmet was lying smoking on the ground to my left hand and I was holding Rule Breaker in my right.

"Impossible," a new voice came from behind me.

I turned to find an elderly man in a suit.  He held a cane with a golden handle and stared at me amazed.

"Um..." I said.  "Who are you?"

The old man regained his composure.  "Forgive me, kid.  I'm Kent Nelson.  Nice to meet you."

"Shirou Emiya."

"How did you remove the helmet?"

I showed him the dagger.  "This is Rule Breaker, the ultimate anti-magic weapon."

Kent studied the dagger with interest.  "How did you obtain such a weapon?"

I smiled.  "I have many weapons, some magical, some divine, some demonic, and some plain.  This is just one of many."

"You don't seem like the run of the mill kid.  How did you get here?"

I rolled my eyes.  "Stop calling me kid.  I'm not that young."

The old man stared.  "But you look like a 17 year old boy."

I blinked.  "What?"

"You look like a 17 year old, ginger teenager."

Panicking, I traced a mirror and looked at myself.  It was true.  My hair had turned auburn, my eyes gold, and my skin fair.  I looked exactly like I did during the Holy Grail War.

"What the hell is going one here!!!"