Meet Artemis

Hi, everybody!  Sorry I haven't updated my stories for the past few weeks.  I've just been swamped in work.

Anyways, I hope you found the last chapter entertaining.  If you have any ideas on the story, please comment.

Disclaimer stuff.

*Knock, Knock*

"I wonder who could that be," Paula Crock, formerly known as Huntress, said, rolling towards the door.  "Maybe Artemis has come home early."

The wheelchair bound ex-con opened the door to reveal a young Asian man with red hair and golden eyes.  He was dressed in a black suit and a trench coat.  To his left, Paula saw the Dark Knight, Batman.  To his right, she saw Star City's hero Green Arrow.

"Good evening, Miss Crock," the young man said.  "My name is Shirou Emiya.  We need to talk about your daughter."

One hour later

"Mom," Artemis Crock said.  "I'm home!"

The young archer noticed a black trench coat on the coat rack.  Curious, she walked into the living room to find a young man in a black suit talking to her mother.  She thought he was handsome, with a sort of exotic kind of look: Asian heritage, tanned skin, scarlet red hair, golden eyes, and a decent athlete's build.

"Ah, Miss Artemis Crock," he said, smiling.  "Good to see you!"

"Artemis," her mom said.  Her tone gave off that she was very happy.  "This is Mr. Emiya.  He has come to discuss about your future."

"Future, eh," Artemis sized the man up.  "You don't look old enough to be a school administrator, Mr. Emiya."

"Just Shirou will be find," he chuckled.  "And if you please, I would like to discuss this in a bit more private setting.  May you show me to your room?"

Artemis looked at him suspicious.  "Of course."  The blond girl pointed Shirou in the direction of her room.  She then turned towards her mother.

"This guy okay?" Artemis whispered.

"Don't worry," her mother assured her.  "Trust me when I say that this will be very beneficial to your future."

"Okay," Artemis said, slightly unnerved by her mother's urgings.  "I'm trusting you."

The blonde walked into her room to find Shirou sitting on Jade's bed.

"Get off the bed," Artemis ordered.  "Anyways, what do you want?"

"Before we start," Shirou smiled, snapping his fingers.  "I believe you know my associates."

A flash of light appeared behind Artemis and she behind her, she found Batman and Green Arrow standing behind her.  Surprised, she stumbled back right into Shirou.

"Whoa, watch it," Shirou said.  "You need to be more careful."

"What do you want?" Artemis asked.

"We wanted to talk to you about you saving Kid Flash," Batman said.

"You're a pretty good shot," Green Arrow commented.

"Indeed," Shirou said, "I was very impressed."

"Okay," she said, "I saved your sidekick, so what?"

"Well, the proposition is simple," Shirou said, charmingly.  Artemis wasn't sure what was it about this guy but she couldn't help but like him.  "We'd like to invite you to join our covert team of superheroes."

"These heroes will essentially be the League's agents," Batman continued.  "They will help out with the League's more covert operations."

"And you want me to be apart of that team," Artemis said, crossing her arms.

"Exactly," Green Arrow said.  "You'll be posing as my niece to cover up your more undesirable relations."

"You know about my family," Artemis said, defensively.  "Leave my mom alone."

"We have no intention to threaten you or your family," Shirou assured.  "We're just offering a position."

While usually, this wouldn't affect her, somehow Shirou's voice told her she could trust him.  She smiled.

"Okay, fine," she said.  "I'll join your little team.  But why Green Arrow?"

Shirou looked at her in confusion.  "Isn't it obvious?"

"Your blonde, feisty, an archer, and wear matching colors," Batman said.

"Your perfect," Green Arrow said.  Then he turned towards Batman.  "Hey!  What do you mean, feisty?"

"Getting on topic," Batman said, ignoring the cries of his friend.  "So your in?"

"I'm in," Artemis said, smiling.

"Welcome to the team," Shirou smiled, putting out his hand.  "I'm Shirou Emiya, codename: Mystic."

Her smile growing wider, Artemis took that hand.  Today was a good day!

Yeah this is a short chapter compared to the others, but I just wanted to show how Artemis officially got onto the team.  And if you're wondering why Shirou seemed so charming, it's because he was using the Charisma Personal Skill he obtained from Shirou Kotomine (Fate/Apocrypha).

I'll try to post some more stories soon.  Happy spring break and please comment!