Infiltrator Part 2

Hi, everybody!  I'm doing a new chapter!  Hooray!

Shirou stood invisible inside with the doctor inside the Sandbar Internet Cafe.  Their plan was to place a decoy doctor (Miss Martian) to distract the assassins.

"Are you finished yet?" Shirou asked.  "We don't exactly have much time.  They won't be able to keep those assassins at bay for long."

Roquette gritted her teeth.  "I'm working as fast as I can.  Do you even know how hard this is?"

"Oh just," Shirou then began lecturing her about technical jargon (I don't know tech stuff).

"That's . . . right," Roquette admitted.  "How does a wizard know that?"

"Magus," Shirou corrects.  "And later.  For now, hear."  Shirou waves his hands and golden armor appeared around the scientist.

"Kavacha," Shirou explains.  "They are a divine golden armor which will protect you.  It will protect from all harm, let it be physical or conceptual, reducing all damage to on tenth of its original value.  Should protect you."

The doctor stared at the armor for a second, then went back to work.  Then, Aqualad burst in.

"They here," he reported, "and they're fighting the Team."

Roquette looked up.  "I almost got it."

A few minutes later, Shirou found one of the bounded fields he put go off.

"Enemy within radius," Shirou reported.  "I'll go get him."

Aqualad nodded in understanding.  Shirou teleported to the street, where he found Ravager staring back at him.

"Wondering where you've been," Ravager said.

"You've seemed to recovered well," Shirou observed.

"Well, I admit you did do a number on me," Ravager smiled, "but time for a rematch."  The mercenary snapped his fingers.

Arrows began raining down on Shirou.  Summoning his swords, he deflected each arrow.  His powers revealed that the arrows belong to one of the Green Arrow's enemies, Malcolm Merlyn.

Ravager rushed forward, sword in hand.  He slashed, but Shirou managed to block it, while keeping the keen arrow shots away.  Shirou managed to bring Ravager into an opening and kicked him into a car.  Annoyed with the arrows, Shirou summoned the staff of Caster Cu Chulainn.  Copying the Hound's Protection from Arrows Skill, he easily blocked the arrows.  Writing runes, he sent a wave of fire at the dark archer.

Suddenly, a protective barrier protected Merlyn.  Ravager, getting up, laughed.  "You have your magic, we have ours."

An Indian woman teleported beside Ravager.  Her hands sizzled with power and she began throwing powerful energy balls.  Shirou dodged it and brought back his married swords.  He began deflecting energy balls away from him.  Suddenly, he felt danger from others.

Shirou kept on dodging arrows from Merlyn, bullets from Ravager, and prana blasts from the woman, Jinx from what Shirou could tell from his magecraft.  Getting annoyed, Shirou teleported behind Merlyn, grabbing his hair and blasting his face with a Gandr.  Getting hit by the plague curse, Merlyn collapsed.

Jinx then began casting a large spell, chanting in some foreign language.  Shirou rushed to intercept, but was held back by Ravager's swordplay.  Jinx threw the spell, but it was negated by Shirou's Magic Resistance.  Ravager then stabbed at Jinx, but was surprised when a portal made the blade miss and stab Jinx in the back.

"The fu-" Ravager said as Shirou knocked down with a punch.

Shirou used a powerful healing spell on Jinx to make sure she wouldn't bleed out.  He walked up to the fallen mercenary.

"Done?" he asked.

Ravager panted.  "Not by a long shot, bitch."  The mercenary looked at the magus and grinned.  "While your here, Cheshire's killing that little scientist of yours."

Eyes widening, Shirou kicked Ravager in the head, knocking him out.  He then teleported to find Artemis aiming an arrow at her sister.  Shirou kept in the dark, watching in silence.  If Artemis needed help, he would give it.  Cheshire taunted Artemis, threatening to jeopardize Artemis's spot on the team by revealing their connection.  In the end, Artemis let the assassin go.

"Didn't think so," Cheshire smirked.  "So like the Cheshire Cat, I'll just disappear."

Cheshire walked back into a smoke bomb, disappearing.

"You okay?" Shirou asked, surprising Artemis.

"You were watching," Artemis said, more than asked.

"Yes."

"You're not mad."

Shirou shook his head.  "I understand where your coming from.  Your on a team and you want to fit in.  Unfortunately, you're family has a less the moral past and you're afraid that we'll judge you."

"Got it in one go," Artemis looked down, disappointed in her self.

"It's not your fault," Shirou assured her.

Then, the others appeared.  They questioned them about what happened.  Kid Flash was suspicious, but with Shirou backing up Artemis's excuses, he believed them.

I know, short chapter, but I wanted to get this out of the way.  Also, I'm not shipping Artemis and Shirou.  I have a whole different plan for him.  *Smiles evilly*

*In the Nasuverse, all versions of Shirou shudder*