Grand Escape

Hi, everyone!  So I'm getting right into it.

Disclaimer stuff that you look up yourself.

In an unknown room of the underground facility of Cadmus

Dr. Desmond stood in the center of a dark room.  Monitors descended from the ceiling and static hissed.  The monitors switched on, their blue screens brightened by white silhouettes.

"Dr. Desmond," an unknown voice said, "you require an audience with the Light?"

"Yes," Desmond replied.  "Very sorry to disturb you at this late hour."

"Just make your report," the voice interrupted.

"Of course.  Ahem," Desmond said, nervously.  After coughing into his fist, he continued, "Well, we had a small fire here at Project Cadmus.  The origin of the incident is still unclear but it seems to have attracted some. . . . . unwanted attention.

"Three sidekicks, Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash, along with an unknown individual, breached security.  They found and released the weapon, the Superboy.  Of course the clone is under our telepathic control and as ordered turned against his would,be liberators.  However, the unknown individual was almost able to overcome it, if not for the interference of the now late genomorphs which attacked telepathiclly.  The four are contained and we don't believe the League knows they're here.

"Uh . . . what should I do with them?"

"Clone them," another unknown voice said.

"The substitutes will serve the light and only the light," the first unknown voice said.

"But take your time analyzing the unknown individual," the other unknown speaker said.  "It may reveal some intriguing results.

"And the originals?" Desmond asked.

"Dispose of them," the first unknown voice said.  "Leave no trace."

Desmond smirked.

In Cadmus's cloning room

Time runs short, a voice said into the minds of the four heroes.  You must awaken.  You must awaken NOW!

Shirou gasped, awoken.  He looked around, observing his surroundings.  He saw that the others, like himself, were strapped into pods.  In the center of the room, Shirou saw Superboy staring blankly at them.

"What?" Kid Flash said.  "What do you want?"

Superboy just continued to stare.

"Quit staring," Kid Flash barked.  "You're creeping me out."

"Uh KF," Shirou said.  "how about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look."

"Shut up, Crimson Archer," Kid Flash snapped.  Then he had a moment of thought.  "You know, we should change your name, its too long."

"Really," Shirou said, surprised.  "I kinda like it."

"No, it's really not good.  I haven't even seen you use a bow."

It was Shirou's turn to think.  "How about Mystic."

Kid Flash smiled.  "That's more like it."

"While this is fascinating," Robin said, sarcastically, "but can we address the situation."

 "Agreed," Aqualad said.  He then turned to Superboy.  "We only sought to help you."

"Yeah," Kid Flash snapped.  "We free you, and you turn on us.  How's that for-"