12 hours earlier

I'm laying in bed, surrounded by Johnathans protective hold. Thinking about the day's events and dreading the debriefing in the morning. I feel Johnathans chest rise and fall. I look up at his peaceful face as he sleeps. "You know? It's very unprofessional to stare at someone." I give a small laugh and lean up and kiss the underside of his jaw. " I had no idea we were being so professional. " I say jokingly. He moves so he is at my eye level and gives me a concerned look. He brushes a strand of hair that has fallen across my face. "What are you thinking about?" I put my hand on top of his to keep his hand on my check and take a deep breath loving the way he smells. " I'm thinking about how I love the way you smell." I give a joking smile and move my hand. He smiles but starts moving his thumb in circles in my cheek. " no, before that." I sigh. " I was just thinking about how awful the debriefing is going to be tomorrow and how hell is going to break loose." He just looks at me for awhile, trying to think of something to respond with but he knows that I'm right.

" That may be true, but" " that is true" I cut in. He gives me his look and I stop. " that may be true, but we are marines. And we are at one of the best military bases there are. We are here to protect our country no matter what happens. And I am glad I am protecting it with you. No matter happens I will always have your six and you will always have mine. No matter what happens I will always love you and I will always go down with you. Siemper fi." He then gives me a small smile and then kisses me. " now go to sleep, you'll need it." I give him a smile and a small peck on the lips. " you always know how to make me feel better." And then I curl up next to him and fall into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------------------authors note
I promise they will get longer. It's a bit difficult for me to get them started but once I do I end up with like 20+ page chapters so just hang in there. And I will try not to put that many author notes in because I know they can be annoying.