mistaken

I wake up to a beeping noise and Johnathan kissing my lips. When I open my eyes he pulls back and I get a full view of his shirtless chest. " good morning beautiful. There's an emergency and we have to go to debriefing early so get dressed." He says as he tosses me my uniform. I reach over and grab my pager and sure enough it's a level three emerging telling me to get to debriefing. I sigh and pull off the shirt I had on over my tank top and throw it at Johnathan. " here's your shirt back." I say jokingly with a smile. He turns around and throws back at me. " keep it. It looks better on you than it does me." I just shake my head and slip into my pants.

Just as I am finishing lacing up my boots our pagers go off again, raising it from a level 3 to a level 4. I look over at the clock and sigh. " it's only 400 hours and there is already a level 4 emergency. Can't anyone sleep around here?" Johnathan comes over and raises my chin and kisses me. " we are marines, everyone thinks we are immortal." I give a small laugh. " let's hope nothing happens to change their minds." Johnathan grabs my hand and starts walking towards the door. " come on if we don't get a move on we won't be able to pick you up some black coffee." As soon as we are out of the door he lets go of my hand so we would look more professional and wouldn't be breaking any rules.

The second we walk into the debriefing room it's like all hell broke loose. We just stand there and stare for awhile, just watching trying to figure out what was going on. Soon the director spotted us and waved us over. " thank god your here. We have a missile coming in that could destroy this whole base." Johnathan and I give each other a concerned look, I totally called it. " we need to know what happened on your mission and then you both need to go prep your unit. We have about 3 hours before this thing arrives." So Johnathan and I sat down and told every detail of our mission and left.

As soon as our unit was debriefed, we went to a mission room and started planning out attack and sending men to different spots to either evacuate people or prep. Soon it was just me and Johnathan and an hour and a half before the missile hit. " I am going to go to the armory and grab some weapons for us. An m-16, a glock, and a knife set correct?" I ask over my shoulder. Johnathan calls back " don't forget a back strap and extra bullets." I just shake my head and walk out the door.

I reach the armory and gear myself up and start grabbing stuff for Johnathan I start to hear weird noises, like whistling and then I hear screaming and the floor shake. I jump into action. I run to the door and start punching in the password to unlock the door when the wall collapses next to me and I am thrown into the opposite wall. I hear bullets coming from every direction when one grazes my back then my stomach and then my side. Then one goes right into my lower abdomen. I drop to the ground just as a bullet hits my knee. Thinking fast a look around and find a bullet proof shield and grab it and circle up in a ball no matter how painful and cover myself up with it just as I black out thinking, there was still over an hour before the first missile was supposed to hit. Over an hour. They were mistaken.

Ringing, all I can hear is the ringing in my ears. I slowly open my eyes to see a whole in the ceiling and black smoke bellowing from the walls around me. I look down my marine uniform looking for the source of the pain. My shirt and knee are soaked with blood. Based on the amount I will be lucky to live. I see somethings move near my head and I look up. It's Johnathan, with a blood stained uniform and a look of concern. He comes over and puts pressure on my stomach, and I just watch his lips. Reading them. Watching him become hysterical. Repeating, over and over, " can you hear me? Babe, can you hear me? Don't you dare leave me. You hear me? Don't you leave me, Gibbs. Fight through this, don't give up. Do you hear me, Gibbs!" That's the last thing I read before blacking out completely.