Time zone problems

I finally give up on trying to fall asleep. I turn slightly and look at the clock. 2 A.M. Which means that it's about 8 A.M at the base. I sigh and turn to look up at Johnathan to find that he is already awake. "Can sleep either?" I shake my head. " damn time zones" he laughs. " instead of laying here pretending to sleep how about we go down stairs and be productive?" I nod my head roll over click on the light and get out of bed. I make my way down stairs, turning on lights as I go. Once I reach the living room I miniver around boxes and turn on the to while Johnathan goes into the kitchen. I look around trying to decide what to do first when a box catches my eye. It's labeled PICTURES. I walk over to it and open it. I pull out a photo album and sit on the couch and open it. I slowly go through it while Johnathan's still in the kitchen. I first see baby pictures then as I flip the pages I slowly see him grow up. He played baseball as a kid, I had no idea. Once I got to the back there was a full empty page front and back but on the page before that there was a picture of his whole family. There was at least 30 people there. Johnathan places something on the side table then sits down next to me. I look up from the picture into his eyes. " there's so many of you." He laughs a full laugh that I haven't heard since the first week of basic. He doesn't say anything. He just leans over and slides a picture into the sleeve of the empty page. I look down slight confused because it's a picture of us at the base, it was the night he gave me the promise ring.  I reach up on instinct only to find my dog tags still missing. Johnathan whispers in my ear. " this is where our story started."

___________________________A/N there will be a part two don't worry. I'm just super tired. I played two softball games today and I'm spent. That also seemed to be a really good stoping point