Time zone problems part 3

Gibbs pov

The whole team is just working a half day. I would have given them the whole day off but there was paper work to be done. I am just counting down the minutes till noon and I can tell that McGee is doing the same thing. While I wait for McGee and Dinozzo to finish up their paper work, I look over at my daughters dog tags that are still hanging on the lamp. I pull the ring that Talia gave me out of my pocket. I slowly roll it between my fingers, It's made from a beautiful rosewood. Engraved on the inside of the ring were the words This Is My Promise To You. I run my finger over the words before I reach over and detach her dog tags from the lamp. I add the ring to the chain and hold them in my hand wondering if it was Johnathan who made the ring. I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice that Tony was handing me his report until he was waving it in front of my face repeating my name.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________Elizabeth's pov

I pour four cups of coffee and pass them to the boys and take the remaining one for myself while Johnathan offers other drinks to the girls. We make our way into the living room and sit down. I shut off the TV so I can have my full attention on the conversations that will take place. As soon as Johnathan sits down next to me, our fathers pass something to us. I set down my coffee, look down at the object and smile. It's my dog tags and the promise ring Johnathan gave me. There are a few dents in the metal but the ring was completely unharmed. Johnathan speaks up jokingly, " Thank god Talia found that. I thought I was going to have to make another." We all laugh and I add on " At least you wouldn't of had to use desert sand." We all laugh again. Afterwards my father asks in a bit of disbelief. " did you really use desert sand?" Johnathan looks him straight in the eye and smiles not even slightly afraid of him like most people would have been. " Yes, I found that it was easier and worked better than sand paper." We talked about anything and everything until pizza came and we ate. After dinner was cleaned up my father spoke up. " you two look exhausted. Time zones really screw up the sleep schedule." We both nod our heads. " it's 2300 over there right now." I say holding back a yawn. My dad give a small smile. " Go to bed. Both of you. We will finish up here and let ourselves out." There was no arguing on our part. we said our goodbyes and headed up to bed not even bothering to change.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________McGee's pov

Johnathan and Elizabeth, Gibb's daughter head up stairs to go to bed. Together. I am still processing the fact that Gibb's has another daughter besides Kelly. I knew he was married and had a daughter because of Abby but the rest of the team didn't even know that, and now I find out he has another daughter. Then to also find out that Johnathan was in the same unit as she was and they are now dating and living together and then theres the whole thing with the promise ring. I don't know where that puts them in their relationship. But if they get married one day,I don't even want to think about that. I would be related to Gibbs then. After the kitchen is cleaned and we start towards the door I take a quick look around and see that they have changed a lot of their photos to photos of themselves together and I remember videos and pictures from the flash drive. As I walk out the front door Gibbs speaks up behind me " are you okay McGee? you look a bit worried." I nod my head and smile realizing that as long as they are happy together and love each other like I just saw tonight, then nothing else matters. I answer Gibbs over my shoulder " I'm okay. Everything will be okay." At that response I get a few weird and confused looks but they all just pass it off knowing I can be a bit awkward at times.