Time zone problems part 2

Once we finished sorting through and placing Johnathan's stuff, I went into the kitchen and placed the dishes in the sink and got a drink. I heard something on the tv and turned and stood by the island with my drink. It was a news story about a marine base, our marine base. I just stood their listening to the news anchor tell their story as I flashed back to the uneasy feeling I had about what happened that day. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice Johnathan come up behind be until he wrapped his arms loosely around my waist, whispering in my ear. " Earth to Elizabeth. I'll be your anchor if you just let me into that beautiful brain of yours." I stay silent for a moment as he brushes my hair back and presses light kisses to my neck and shoulder. I tilt my head to the side to give him more access. " something doesn't feel right." He immediately stops sensing my unease as I turn in his arms and wrap mine around his neck, running a hand through the back of his hair. " That base. That assignment. That bomb. That ETA. Something was off. How could an ETA be off by over an hour? There's no way John. And why didn't the alarms sound when it breached the perimeter?" His eyes don't leave mine and I can see the gears turning as he processes what I just said. I see his face change from confusion to realisation as he puts it altogether. As he puts his thoughts together he starts to speak slowly choosing his words wisely. "So... Based on the information the only reasonable assumption is that there's a mole somewhere higher in the chain of command.?" He says it as if he's not so sure of himself. But to be honest I'm not so sure if myself either.

Before the conversation can go any farther I hear a car and look over at the clock. 10:00. I look back up into Johnathan's eyes seeing that he came to the same conclusion. " finish this later?" I ask with a small smile. He returns the smile and nods his head "of course." He then leans down and kisses me just as the door bell rings. He lets go of me and walks over to the front door while I start a pot of coffee.

___________________________
A/N - I'm sorry I really am. I know I hate it when chapters come in parts but I honestly understand now why people do it. Because they are busy and tired. So I apologise but there will be a part 3. I'm going to New York tomorrow and have to get up at 2:30  and it's already 22:40... I'm going to be dead tomorrow. But I apologise again I will do my best to get part 3 out as soon as as possible. Thank you to everyone who commented I love the feed back. Let's me know I'm doing something right. So thanks again and sorry