Chapter 11

It's been a couple days since Boyd had died and not much had happened since than. Derek had went into hiding and no one had been able to find him. No one knew where to look. Mia had also gone MIA since the twins had kidnapped her from her loft and basically taken her as hostage to use against Derek.

Stiles went to Derek's loft to find answers since Scott told him that Damian, Mia's best friend had refused to tell them where Mia was, he had no choice but to go somewhere else for answers. That meant asking Cora if she had any clue where to find the alpha. They needed help in stopping the pack of alphas and they would need Derek for that. Which is now why Stiles is ranting on to Cora about why he cares where Derek is. While he was there getting answers both Scott and Allison went to Gerard to find out if he knew anything that would help them take down Deucalion.

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked seemingly annoyed by the spastic boy's rantings.

Stiles nodded as he paced in the middle of the loft. "Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah."

She leaned against the metal table as she spoke,"I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him."

"What was he like?" He asked interested in finding out as much as he could. He was curious to know more about the sour wolf who always seemed to be brooding.

They both turned at the sound of footsteps going down the stairs. 

It was Peter. "A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers." He said.

Stiles sighed heavily in annoyance at the sight of the man who practically ruined his best friends life and bitten the girl he'd been in love with since the third grade. "And so what happened? What changed him?

The blue eyed man had a far away look. "Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men..... a girl."

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"

Peter ignored him as he looked over at his niece. "Do you remember Derek before he was an Alpha had blue eyes?" He than looked over at Stiles asking, "Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

Stiles furrowed his brows at the question. "I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing."

"If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes." Peter said. He than began to tell them both how Derek had instantly felt attracted to Mia and how they met.

Stiles interrupted him by firing question after question."Okay, so if Derek was a senior back then, how old was he? How old were you? How old are you now?"

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think."

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague." He turned to Cora. "How old are you?"

"I'm 17." She answered him.

He nodded at her. "See, that's an answer. That's how we answer people."

"Well, 17 how you'd measure in years." She said amusement in her tone.

He sighed heavily. "All right, I'm just gonna drop it. What happened to Derek and the piano girl?"

Peter raised an eyebrow. "What do you think happened? They were teenagers. One minute, it's, I hate you, don't talk to me. The next, it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone for five minutes. Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills."