Chapter 26

Mia stood next Damien as they waited for a cab to pick them up from the airport. It had been a few weeks since they had been in Beacon Hills and it was only because they were helping out an old friend of theirs and since than Mia had worried sick about Derek—who hasn't been answering the phone since. Not only had Derek not been answering the phone but her brother refused to tell her what was happening but, she couldn't get in touch with him since he was apparently on a camping trip. That she for one didn't believe in the slightest and secondly Damien had been hovering over her lately.

It was beginning to annoy her.

"Will you stop fussing so much, Mia." Damien said as he managed to hail them a cab. She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Worrying about him isn't going to do anything." He helped the cab driver put their luggage in the cab.

"Yeah, I know that already but, maybe if my brother just told me what was going on back in Beacon Hills then I wouldn't be worrying so much

"Yeah, I know that already but, maybe if my brother just told me what was going on back in Beacon Hills then I wouldn't be worrying so much." She got into the cab with him following in suit.

He checked his phone quickly before answering her. "I'm sure your boyfriend is fine." He reassured her even though he was internally freaking out after reading the message Scott left him. "And besides he's probably just been busy." He muttered texting Scott back.

"Everyday? For the last few weeks?" She asked not believing him. "Can you just tell me what's going on." She pleaded giving him a puppy dog look. "Please, Damien. I promise I'll stop asking if you just tell me. I already know you've been keeping in contact with my brother and Stiles." She added giving him a pointed look.

He shifted nervously. "You know about that." When he saw the annoyed look on her face he nodded quickly. "Okay yeah I've been talking to them but only because you had enough to worry about." He said.

She released a sigh. "Damien you need to stop worrying I'm fine. And before you start rambling like Stiles I understand you're concerned but seriously I'm okay. I just want you tell me what's going on with Derek."

"Okay first of all I'm nothing like Stiles and secondly I'm not telling you anything." He said giving her a quick glance before checking his phone.

"Damien." She clenched her jaw and gave him scolding look. "Tell me what's happening."

He pouted and shook his head. "No."

"Damien!" She snapped.

"Okay. Okay." The kitsune relented and shifted nervously. "Scott and his group of friends went to México because they thought Derek got wolfnapped by Araya you know that Mexican hunter. So anyway turns out she didn't have him but told them to go to this old church that was destroyed by an earthquake and they did find him with Braedon's help. She was hired by them." He added when he saw the questioning look on her face. "Anyways, afterwards they took him back to Beacon Hills so Deaton could check him. Because apparently he's 17 again and Scott just texted me telling me that Stiles lost him." He released a breath at the end once done.