Chapter 18

"You can laugh if you want, Mia." Damien muttered as he held an ice pack to his head. He was sitting on their couch and he glanced at his best friend who was biting her lip to keep herself from laughing.

Mia let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry. It's just that I can't believe you ran into the loft yelling demonic ninjas are here."

It was almost 9. Everyone had gone their separate ways after the demonic ninjas had disappeared and Mia had taken a look at Lydia who was unconscious. The group had realized that the Oni were looking at Scott before they disappeared so Mia asked Derek to keep an eye on her brother just in case. She had no idea what those demonic ninja were and she didn't want them hurting her brother.

He pouted. "I thought I had made it in time to warn you guys. They knocked me out pretty good. My head is killing me." He winced as he put the ice pack back on his head. She sat down in front of him on the chair, pouring herself a drink. "Isn't it a little early to be drinking."

The brunette sighed as she took a sip

The brunette sighed as she took a sip. "Nope. Especially after last night I need this. And it's not like I'm going to get wasted." She muttered. She glanced at the bags of candy on the table. "You're not going to eat all of that are you?"

He gave her deadpan look. "Of course I am. Just not today. I am going to do research on what those demonic ninja were." He stood up and set down the ice pack. "I'm pretty sure I've seen them before. I just can't remember where."

Mia nodded. "Okay. Well I'm going to shower and then head to the hospital for my shift."

"Are you sure you should have drank that bourbon. I don't know about you but, I'd prefer my doctor sober." Damien mused.

"Haha. I'm not drunk. It's going to take a lot more than a small amount of bourbon to get me drunk. And besides I have easy day today." She said walking out of the living room leaving Damien to himself.

☾☾☾☾

After getting all the oni outside and the mountain ash set, Derek and Scott stood by the front door. The former alpha glanced at the baseboards and then back at the True Alpha."All of the baseboards are ash wood?"

Scott nodded. "Uh, yeah. Apparently, Mia did this before she left for France." He than looked at Derek with a suspicious look. "And where the hell did you come from?"

 "And where the hell did you come from?"