Chapter 34

Her eyes widened in shock and disbelief.

"Yo-you still feel that way about me after all that did to you?" She asked in complete bewilderment.

My smile widened into a grin as I saw signs of acceptance in her see brown orbs. She was finally ready to process everything that I had to say to you. "I know that you don't believe me but still, I would beseech you to put your trust in me and believe that my feelings for you are alive, true and sincere." I implored.

"B-but why?" She breathed. "Why would you still feel this way about me. I haven't given you anything but pain and trouble. I've been horrible to you from the start and disregarded you completely. I've done nothing but," I cut her off with my hand before she could continue to say anything else so mean and insulting.

I breathed in deeply. "You don't need a reason to fall in love with anyone. Love just happens like it happened with me." I said with utmost honesty. Her eyes began to glisten with I shed tears. I removed my hand from her mouth and leaned in to kiss her: of words will fail then I will let my actions show her.

I kissed her with all the passion, love, and sincerity that I held for her. Holding her timid body flush against my chest, I pushed my lips further on her, licking at the seems, biting her lower lips lightly to seek entrance which she allowed willingly. Exploring her mouth intimately with my tongue, I slowed the pace and released her lips. She began to gasp for air while my lips travelled to her jaw and the. Her neck.

Her timid body had calmed down by now so I slowly pushed her down on the sofa until here back was lying down and I was hovering on top of her. She stared at me with beweilderment but I didn't stop and continue to rain kissing on her face.

"I know you'll come around. I won't ever give up on you. I love you, so much. It's killing me to see you suffer like this. Tell me how I can help you deal with this pain?" I mumbled and kissed her temple. Her hands that were gripping my shoulders came down to my chest and she closed her eyes and sighed.

*************

AMBER ZAID

when I had tried to revert back at my ways, the only face that came to my mind was Zac's. for some reason, I was afraid of the consequences of my actions for the first time and I didn't want to suffer his wrath or more over, I didn't want to see his disappointment in me.

My chest tightened when I thought about it as I stared at the white powder that was still intact in the pouch.

My cravings were strong however, my feelings were dominant and struggling. Did I really want to do this? I know by now that Zac would never forgive me for this and he would leave me. Should I risk that? Should I risk losing my husband who has been nothing short of amazing and good to me when I treated him like crap. I've been nothing but a bitch to him in hopes of getting him away from me so that I could gain control of my life again but in my own selfishness, I caused him trouble and made him suffer as well. So with a shriek, I had dumped the cocaine in the toilet and flushed it away and out of my life. I vowed that I would never do this again no matter what.

Now I see that I was wise in my decision.

I made a stand for myself as well as for my husband and I was feeling happy about it. I made a stand for us. I felt so grateful towards Allah for granting me Zac as a part of my life.

In the time that I was detoxing and coming in the clear, I hated Zac for what he made me go through. My brain kept on recalling the past and I couldn't block it and my hate for Zac would increase tenfold. However, I did some soul searching.

Instead of being grateful, I took him for granted. I became inconsiderate. I didn't consider his feelings. He was worried for me all along and if he hadn't stopped me in time then I wouldn't become a junkie by now. My license would've been revoked and I would've been left with nothing.