Two Shades Of Love {12}

***Felix’s POV***

                “Dude, we should get high this weekend. I’m feeling it,” Gabe said to Pat as we sat in his bedroom. I pouted at them. Lucky bastards. I couldn’t get high because of my stupid parents constantly drug testing me. They would kill me if I smoked weed. But maybe legal…

                But Pat surprised both of us by shaking his head. “I quit while I was gone. I had to. And I kind of don’t want to start again,” he said with a shrug.

                Well if Pat didn’t want to get high, I didn’t either. Although I certainly missed that dreamlike feeling. One thing I didn’t miss, though, was when you tried to find your way to a gas station to take care of the munchies, and got lost. That always sucked.

                Pat turned to me. “You got any of that Vodka from last night left over?” he asked curiously and I nodded and eagerly pulled it out of my bag. I passed it to Pat and he took a swing of it.

                I had missed him so much while he was gone. I was in the closet bi, and the only reason I kept it secret was so that Pat didn’t know how much I liked him. He was almost 2 years younger than me, after all. And he liked JJ.

                Still, he was sexy as hell. Not to mention he and I were close. Even now, I couldn’t stop staring at him. There was no way in hell Pat was crazy. How the hell anyone could think that, I didn’t understand.

                “E-yuh, you listening to me Felix?” Pat asked in annoyance. “What?” I asked, snapped out of my thoughts. “You’re more likely to get stuck by lightening than attacked by a shark. Nirvana water tastes like shit. In the movie Ca-”

                “Felix! Shut up!” Gabe said and rolled his eyes. I pouted again. They were so mean to me sometimes. Gosh. Jerks.

                “What were you saying Pat?” I asked, lying down and placing my head in his lap. He looked down at me and raised an eyebrow. “I said call JJ and Milo and see if they’re down to go swimming tomorrow,” he repeated and thumped me on the head. “Hey!” I whined but pulled out my phone and dialed JJ’s number.

                “Hello?” JJ’s voice answered quietly. “Hey JJ. You and Milo down to go swimming with me and the brothers tomorrow?” I asked. “Yea,” he whispered. “Dude, what up with the whispering?” I asked curiously.

                “Milo fell asleep and I don’t want to wake him up. He was really tired,” he said. “Oh. Well, we’ll be at your house tomorrow around noon,” I said and the brothers nodded. “Okay. Sounds good. Bye Felix,” he whispered and hung up the phone.

                “He’s so cute with Milo. It’s weird,” I said as I hung up my phone and shoved it back into my pocket. “Aw, I think it’s fine. JJ deserves to be happy. Although I really don’t like the way Milo was looking at me today,” Pat said nervously.

                “He was tired. He was looking at everyone kind of weird,” Gabe said with an unconcerned shrug. I nodded in agreement. “He’s nice though. I like Milo,” I said with a shrug of my own. Gabe and Pat both nodded.

                We hung around their house all day and the next day, went back to JJ’s house. He and Milo were sitting outside talking to each other and lying on the trampoline. JJ had his arms around Milo and they were smiling. I suddenly imagined myself and Pat like that and blushed a little.

                They got off the trampoline and greeted us. We all went inside and changed into our swim trunks before going back outside and jumping into the pool to swim. Max, Noah, and Owen were all sitting around drinking beer, talking, and watching us casually.

                “Someday, I will touch the bottom of the pool without my ears popping,” I whined as I came up from the deep end and shook my head, splashing water everywhere.

                Pat laughed and came towards me. He stumbled a little and gripped the wall of the pool. I looked at him in concern. “You okay, Pat?” I asked and he nodded and forced a smile. “Yea, Felix. I’m fine,” he said.

                “Chicken!” JJ cried and swam under Milo, lifting him onto his shoulders. I swam under Pat and lifted him onto mine. Gabe watched in amusement as Milo and Pat began to wrestle on top of our shoulders.

                “Get him Pat!” I cheered. I felt Pat topple off of me and the two of us fell into the deep end of the pool. I swam around, confused for a second before coming up and choking. Water had gone up my nose. Wonderful.             

                “Way to go Pat!” I whined and turned around. “Pat?” I asked and noticed he was sinking towards the bottom. Panic gripped me and I froze, too terrified to move. “PAT’S DROWNING!” I cried in terror.