Two Shades Of Love {19}

“JJ?” I looked over at Milo as he approached me the next day at school. I glared at him. Had to firm. Had to let him know it was over so he could move on.

                “Get the fuck out of here Milo. I told you that we’re through!” I snapped. He cringed but kept walking towards me. “Milo, I mean it. We’re over. I don’t want you anymore,” I said flatly. Ha. What a lie. I just wanted to run to him, kissing him and begging for him to forgive me. But I was sick of hurting him. I was sick of the fighting.

                “JJ, please. Can we just talk about this? Please?” he begged. I glared and took Pat’s hand. I pulled him close to me and gently kissed him. “I said we’re through, and I meant it,” I hissed at Milo once I had pulled away from Pat.

                Milo’s eyes watered as he stared at us in pain. “I’m sorry, JJ. I…I love you,” he whimpered before walking away.

                “Oh JJ! He was crying,” Pat said with a deep frown. “It doesn’t matter Pat,” I said and kissed him again. But it did matter. It hurt to watch. But he would go to Roman. He wanted to be with Roman. I just knew he did. And now he could finally be with Roman.

                                                                                ***Pat’s POV***

                I was so thrilled to be with JJ, but I was worried about Milo. I know he said bad things about me, but JJ had been his boyfriend. I felt really bad.

                I went off in search of Milo. I felt like I should apologize to him. Even if he had been mean to me, I felt bad after seeing him starting to cry. I really didn’t mean to hurt anyone or make anyone cry like that.

                I spotted him talking to Roman and moved towards them. I stopped when I heard them talking and hid to listen. I knew eavesdropping was wrong but…I couldn’t help it. I was too curious to know what they were saying.

                “He was kissing Pat!” Milo whimpered and Roman hugged him. “JJ will come around,” Roman said reassuringly. Milo shook his head violently and sniffed, wiping at his eyes.

                “No he won’t, Roman. Pat’s got him fooled. Pat is mentally insane, and you can’t heal from that. JJ knows it, too. I don’t understand why he won’t accept that Pat isn’t okay! Pat tried to choke JJ and Gabe last year, for Christ’s sake!” he cried.

                I froze. I…what? That feeling of my hands closing around something…and the anger…But…no…No, he was wrong. I would NEVER try to choke my best friend or my brother. Of course I wouldn’t, no matter how angry I got. Maybe jokingly, but never seriously.

                “God that fucking sicko tried to break my arms. He threatened us. He tried to kill JJ and his own brother. He was mentally insane and you could tell just by looking at him. He had Felix going crazy, too. They sent him away because he was crazy and now that he’s back and has memory loss, JJ wants to think he’s okay again. But he’s not okay. He’ll never be okay. He did something bad the other day and I know it! He’s fucking crazy!” Milo continued.

                Anger and terror erupted in me. Oh god. He knew what I had done to the bird. Somehow, Milo knew I had killed that bird. But how did he know about that? And why was he saying all these terrible things about me?

                I just wanted to hit him. To beat the living shit right out of him for saying those things. I would never hurt anyone. And there was nothing wrong with me or Felix. How dare Milo say those things about us just because he was jealous that JJ wanted me and not him.

                I would have to find a way to keep him quiet about the bird. I had lied to JJ about that yesterday, but if Milo told him, JJ would look at me weird. He would think I was a bad person. I wasn’t a bad person. I had just lost my temper. I had snapped. But I was okay because that wasn’t going to happen again. Even now, I was resisting the urge to go over and beat Milo up. Because there was nothing wrong with me.

                I peeked over and saw that Roman was still hugging Milo. Milo was hugging him back tightly, tears slowly dripping down his face as he shook, trying not to cry harder. Good. I hope you cry you lying piece of shit. I hadn’t done any of the stuff that he had said. Why would I try to break his arms? Maybe now I wanted to, but I wouldn’t actually do it.

                I stormed away in search of JJ. Fuck apologizing to Milo. That liar didn’t deserve it. He deserved to cry. He didn’t deserve JJ. No wonder JJ had broken up with his lying dumbass. I was better than him, and I knew that now.

                My head suddenly began to throb violently. I rushed into the boys’ bathroom and hid in a stall, gripping my head and trying not to scream in pain. Tears began to stream down my face as everything flashed back to me at the speed of light and my head felt like it was going to explode. I gripped it tightly and bit my lip, drawing blood. And then it stopped hurting.

                And suddenly, I remembered everything.