Two Shades Of Love {24}

A.N.- For anyone that doesn't get the whole Tim Curry reference JJ makes, I posted the video of it. It's only 23 seconds long so if you don't get the reference, don't be lazy ;p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                ***JJ’s POV***

                I looked around and walked over to Gabe, Pat, and Felix the next day. Pat glared at me but I ignored him and focused on Gabe.

                “How are your parents?” I asked in concern. He looked down at his feet. “Bad,” he mumbled. He looked up at me with terrified eyes. “What if they get a divorce, JJ?” he asked in fear.

                I pulled him into a hug. “They won’t,” I said, but I wasn’t so sure. Pat sighed in annoyance. “Who cares if they get a divorce? Dad is a stupid fuck,” he snapped.

                “Pat don’t say that!” Gabe cried, pulling away from me and staring at his brother in shock. Pat glared. “He doesn’t even believe me! He hates me! And so does JJ. You all pick Milo over me!” Pat said furiously.

                “Pat, I love Milo. You’re my best friend though,” I said gently. “Fuck you Jason!” he whined and flipped me off. I forced myself not to snap at him. I hated it when he called me by my real name, and he knew it.

                I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “Look Pat, I’m really sorry,” I said honestly. I never meant to hurt anybody. I loved Pat, but only as a best friend. Not the way I so deeply loved Milo. I was beyond grateful that Milo had forgiven me for my stupidity.

                Pat glanced at me and bit his lip. “JJ, can we hang out at your house afterschool? I want to talk to you,” he said with a troubled frown. I shrugged nervously. “Sure,” I said. And this time I would tell Milo I was with Pat.

                The bell rang and I waved to my friends before going off in search of Milo. I found him at his locker and hugged him, kissing him lightly on the lips.

                “I’m hanging out with Pat afterschool, but I’ll be on the lookout in case he tries anything. I just want to hear what he has to say,” I said. Milo bit his lip but nodded. “Okay JJ. Just be careful, okay?” he said and I nodded and kissed him again. “I will,” I whispered.

                So afterschool, Pat came home with me. We went up to my bedroom and sat on my bed together. We fell into an awkward silence and I could see Pat struggle to find the words he wanted to say.

                Finally, he turned to me with truly hurt eyes. “You hurt me JJ. You used me,” he whispered, anger creeping into his voice. I shook my head violently. “I didn’t mean to Pat,” I cried truthfully. God I would never hurt him or Milo on purpose. Not like that. I was just a stupid fuckup. I hadn’t mean to cause either of them the pain that I had.

                Pat glared at me. “You’re a liar, Jason. I’m mad at you. Best friends don’t hurt each other. But that’s because you and I aren’t best friends,” he hissed.

                I frowned deeply. “Pat, what do you mean? I’m sorry! I swear I never meant to hurt you! I still want to be best friends!” I cried.

                Pat smirked cruelly. “JJ, we’re more than best friends. It’s you and me. We’re meant to be together. I just know it. You love me, not Milo. Why won’t you just accept that?” he asked, moving closer to me. His face was dangerously close to mine, but I was suddenly too terrified by the look in his eyes to actually do anything. Holy shit.

                “We’re…I love Milo,” I whispered weakly. He pressed his lips to mine and pushed me back on my bed, crawling on top of me. “No you don’t. You love me,” he said, gently grinding on me.

                “Pat, get off me,” I whimpered, suddenly terrified. He moved his hands down towards my pants and I began to struggle against him. “Pat stop! This is rape!” I cried. “Get off of me!”

                “No it’s not Jason. Because you know you want to,” he whispered and unzipped my jeans. I struggled harder against him. “Get off me!” I screamed.

                Terrified as he began to pull my jeans off, I brought my knee up to his neck as hard as I could. Pat began to gag, bringing his hands up to his neck in surprise.

                And suddenly, all I could think of was Tim Curry’s voice chanting “Don’t you want it?”. “You’re crazy!” I screamed and shoved Pat off my bed.

                I pulled my pants up and zipped them as Pat coughed on my floor, finally getting his breath back. He scrambled to his feet, his eyes so terribly possessed looking that I shrank back. If he attacked right now, he could kill me and I knew it. He could rape me and kill me if he wanted too. I was too terrified to move.

                He came at me, screaming like a madman. I found just enough strength in me and to kick him in the face as he approached me. He fell to the ground clutching his nose.

                He got up and let out a pain-filled howl. “I’m going to get you for this Jason! You and Milo!” he shrieked as blood ran from his nose. He clenched his fists tightly and wiped his nose on his sleeve. “I’ll fucking get you where it hurts the most,” he hissed before storming out of my room.

                I heard my front door shut a few seconds later and shakily ran a hand through my hair. “Oh my god,” I whispered. I couldn’t…No…I didn’t want to lie to Milo, but this was just…gah. This was far too embarrassing to tell him, or anyone else.

                But get me where it hurts most…oh god. Milo. He was going to go after Milo to get back at me. I had to warn him and do whatever it took to protect him from Patrick.