Two Shades Of Love {22}

***Milo’s POV***

                “Aw Milo,” Roman said and hugged me tightly as I began to cry. We were sitting in River’s bedroom and I had just told them what Pat had done. “No one believes me! He tried to drown me! I didn’t do anything wrong!” I sobbed. I was sick of this. My heart hurt so badly.

                “We believe you Milo. And we’re going to prove that he’s out of his mind,” River said with a comforting smile. He pat me on the back and I shot him and Roman thankful looks and wiped at my eyes.

                “I have an idea,” River said thoughtfully and Roman and I looked at him eagerly. “Okay, so what if Roman and I get JJ over to you when you piss Pat off. JJ will see Pat attack you. Then he’ll have to accept that there’s something wrong with Pat!” he cried.

                Roman and I nodded and I sighed miserably. “But JJ won’t come back to me. He hates me,” I whimpered. God this was a huge mess.

                “Pat’s his rebound. Use that to piss him off,” Roman said thoughtfully and then blushed at the fact that he had thought of something mean. Roman wasn’t a mean person, not at all.

                I sighed and we all decided to go to bed and try our plan in the morning. The next day at school, I searched around for Pat. He was standing at his locker looking confused. I bit my lip and dropped my head. I couldn’t do this. He was a bastard, but it wasn’t his fault.

                I walked away and nearly ran into JJ. He glared down at me. “Out of my way so I can go to my boyfriend,” he snapped and shoved me. I felt my eyes watering again.

                “JJ, please. I really didn’t try to hurt him. Please believe me,” I whispered. “Milo, I saw you try to drown him!” he growled. “I didn’t JJ! Why won’t you believe me? What did I do to make you hate me?” I cried, tears leaking down my face.

                JJ looked shocked. “I don’t hate you,” he said uncomfortably. “Yes you do and I don’t understand why! I’m not sorry that I was trying to look out for you JJ! He’s going to hurt you and I know it because he tried to hurt me! I love you JJ and I wouldn’t lie to you!” I cried. I wiped at my eyes and turned my head away from him. “But I’ll let you be with Pat. I’m sorry. I wish you didn’t hate me,” I whispered and began to walk away.

                JJ grabbed my arm and hesitated before pulling me into a hug. “I really don’t hate you Milo,” he whispered. “But you don’t love me,” I said miserably. JJ stayed silent.

                “JJ?!”

                JJ released me and we spun to face Pat. He was staring in furious shock. “What the fuck?” he snapped. I could see the crazy look emerging in his eyes and just prayed that JJ wouldn’t ignore it this time. I glanced at him and saw that his face had paled.

                Pat stormed over and slammed me against the lockers. “He’s mine,” he snarled viciously. “You hear me you stupid fucker?”

                I tried to pry his hands off me. “You made everyone think I tried to drown you!” I cried angrily. He narrowed his eyes at me. “Because you did,” he lied simply. But that look was potent in his eyes now.

                “JJ’s mine. We dated for almost a year. We lost our virginity to each other. We have special moments that you couldn’t ever hope to have with him. When we kiss, you know we’re in love. And you? You’re just his crazy old best friend,” I hissed.

                He punched me as hard as he could and my head slammed against the lockers. “Pat!” JJ cried and tackled him off of me. I slid down, gripping my head and feeling dazed all of a sudden.

                “Milo? Are you okay?” JJ asked in concern, his face suddenly in front of mine. “Where’s Pat?” I slurred. “Over there. Can you get up Milo?” he asked. He put his hands under my armpits and gently lifted me to my feet, letting me lean on him so I wouldn’t fall right back down. My head was pounding like a steady drum now.

                “Pat why would you do that?” JJ snapped. “He’s not your boyfriend JJ! I am!” Pat cried furiously, his eyes scaring me even in my current confused state.

                “You didn’t have to punch him!” JJ cried. “And he didn’t have to try to drown me!” Pat snapped and glared in hate at me. He began to walk towards us and JJ held up his hand. “Don’t get any closer to him Pat or I swear I’ll hit you,” JJ snarled.

                “What the fuck JJ? You think you can just fuck with my emotions like this? Were you just using me to make Milo jealous? Huh?” Pat demanded. “No! I wasn’t fucking with you Pat! But you’re pissing me off right now so just go away and we can talk about this later,” JJ growled.

                “This ain’t over,” Pat snapped before storming away. “Shit. Are you okay?” JJ asked, still supporting me. “Just…dazed,” I said and laughed nervously.

                “I’m really sorry about that Milo. I didn’t think he was going to hit you,” JJ whispered. “JJ…you saw it,” I said quietly, coming back to my senses. I ignored the pain in my head and looked into JJ’s eyes. They flashed guiltily but he shrugged.

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he mumbled. “You know the truth JJ,” I said and leaned forward, gently pressing my lips to his. He began to shake and hugged me tightly.

                “I’m so scared and confused Milo. I don’t understand what’s going on anymore. Dear god,” he choked out as his eyes began to water. I hugged him back tightly. “I love you so much Milo. I’m so sorry. You shouldn’t forgive me,” he whimpered.

                “But I do, JJ. Because I love you too. And we need to get Pat help,” I said gently. “He won’t like it,” JJ said nervously. “But he needs to get help, JJ. He’s a danger to himself and everyone else and you know that. He tried to drown me, and he just hit me,” I said, looking into JJ’s wet eyes.

                “I don’t understood. He was so normal!” he cried desperately. “JJ, he’s crazy. He can’t heal from that,” I said and kissed him again, having missed the feel of his lips on mine.

                We weren’t safe, and I knew that. Our relationship was unsteady, and Pat was after us now. He was especially after me, and he was crazy enough to kill me. I hugged JJ, suddenly terrified of what Pat was going to do to us to get revenge.