Amelia's Final Work Day with Sebastian (Deleted Scene)

This takes place the day after Amelia's birthday party.

***********

Forehead bent over her folded arms, Amelia was making an attempt to block out the world around her. A smattering of conversations kept interrupting her lunch time doze and she pulled her head up, deciding it wasn't worth it. Running her hands through her hair, she glanced at her watch, checking the time. Poppy plopped down in the seat beside Amelia, face showcasing a light of excitement. Amelia blinked at the expression, unable to determine the meaning behind it and knew the answer would be forth coming shortly.

"Have you seen it?" Poppy asked, her voice mirroring her face.

"What is it that I am suppose to have seen?"

"Sebastian's latest video of course."

Eyes widening in mock understanding, Amelia slapped her temples.

"Oh goodness me how could I have forgotten all about it," she said.

The glare Poppy fixed her with was completely overshadowed by Amelia's complete delight in Poppy's annoyance.

"Pops, I haven't ever watched one of his videos. You know this, so why you ask me if I've seen them is beyond me," she said.

True to her nature, Poppy's glare melted as she pulled out her phone.

"Then I guess I will just have to show you." Poppy said.

Amelia groaned, but Poppy made no sign of caring, her screen already sitting between them. Amelia silently let the video play.

It opened with a wide shot of a beach covered in chairs, camera equipment, and people clad in jackets. The video cut to another sweeping shot, this time catching Sebastian as he stood ankle deep in the sea water. A man with wild black hair was holding a camera to his face and snapping pictures of Sebastian.    

He was dressed in a tux, the bow tie undone, top buttons lose, his sleeves and pants rolled up, his shoes and jacket held in one hand, the other tucked away in his pocket. His hair was a styled mess, his smile was closed lipped, and mischievous. The scene changed and Sebastian was standing in front of the video camera wrapped in a heavy jacket, his smile easy and his blue eyes alight with enthusiasm.

"Hey everyone," he said. "I am currently on the set of my latest photo shot for my next album, called Waiting For You. I am extremely excited for this one. It's different than any other album and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. I am working with Clayton Davis, a favorite photographer of mine, and so far I'm liking what he's doing."

There was another jump to some shots of Sebastian posing again, being told to shift his position or to change his expression. An assistant ran up and took the jacket and shoes from his hands, allowing Sebastian to relax into a more comfortable stance, one hand running through his hair, the other hidden away in his pocket, once again. The video changed and Sebastian was talking.

"What happens next? Well, I get to have the pleasure of going completely into that freezing cold water. Clayton wisely as put that off until the very end and I have people standing by with towels and maybe a defibrillator," Sebastian joked, his laugh joining the spark in his eyes.

Another cut and Sebastian was seen walking further into the ocean, throwing a hesitant glance to the camera before complete submerging himself below the waves. He came up laughing the effect softening his features, added with the lack of intensity in his blue eyes, he looked almost boyish. He shook his head, water droplets flying everywhere, this clothes sticking to his body.

Amelia glanced sideways at Poppy watching with an amused smile as Poppy wore an idiotic grin.

Clayton moved in closer, calling out directions to Sebastian while continually snapping pictures. The video cut to Sebastian wrapped in towels, his hair a wet, disheveled mess.