Amelia meeting Charlie in D.C. over tour (Deleted Scene)

The third week into the tour Amelia stepped from a cab and out into the financial district of D.C. The July sun beat down as she walked towards one of the restaurants. She stopped and scanned the crowded tables arranged  outside. She smiled as she spotted a familiar handsome face and rectangle frames. Amelia wound her way through the tables, filled with suits and tight skirts, working at not to breaking into a run. Charlie stood and they stepped into each other's arms.

"I'm missed you Aims. Why did you ever agree to this stupid tour?" Charlie asked, his hold tightening.

Amelia pulled away from him to look into his face.

"I have no idea why I said yes. Next time someone offers me a great career opportunity, I give you the permission to knock me out, impersonate me and refuse them," Amelia said.

"Dually noted. I will not hesitant to take action."

He released her and moved back to the table. Only then did Amelia notice Natalie sitting there, smiling.

"Hey, Nat," Amelia said, taking a seat.

"Hey, Aims, how's the tour going?" Natalie asked, pleasantly.

Amelia waved the comment away with a flippant gesture, leaning forward and resting her arms the table.

"Fine. We can talk about it later." She looked at Charlie, eyes bright with eagerness.  "You have to tell me how did your bar exam go? How do you feel about it? I know it might be too soon to ask but you have to tell me, do you think you passed?" Amelia said.

She searched his face, looking for any sign of how he felt about the exam. Charlie leaned back in his chair and stretched lazily. Amelia's expression went fierce.

"Charles Robert Dawson don't even play with me like this! I have been waiting for a phone call from you telling me how it went and now you have made me wait five days! Just tell me or I will hit you," Amelia said, her nerves on the edge.

"Please Aims, there's no need for the over the top reaction."

She stared at him, pinning him down with a fiery look. His grin grew and she huffed at his teasing manner.

"Maybe this is why I decided to go on tour. You're infuriating," Amelia said.

Charlie gave her a happy toothy grin, and Amelia's frustration melted.

"I've missed you Charlie. Now for the love of all that is good in this world tell me how you did."   

"Fine."

Amelia looked at him, all her eagerness rekindled.

"It was easy. I'm positive I passed," he said simply.

"Charlie!" she said, her hands jumping to cover the rest of the delighted shouts.

Her hands fell away when the threat of the excited shrieks were forced down, leaving behind a beaming face and eyes brimming with unspoken pride.   

"I can't believe it." She laughed at herself and waved her hand casually. "Actually I can, its...I'm so proud of you, Charlie. They would be too. Especially mom. I still remember how happy she was when you came home from school one day announcing you were going to be a lawyer."

"And why did I say I wanted to be a lawyer?" Charlie asked.

"Because they got to wear uniforms everyday and so you would never need to decide on what to wear," Amelia said, laughing.

She remembered how 9 year old Charlie told his reasoning behind his decision, with such a clear tone finality that as little sister, and only 5, Amelia had seen this as a logical choice.