Meet Elizabeth- part 2

AN:This is a continuation of the previous chapter "Waiting for Elizabeth.")

"Nicky, it's time to get up," Emma Grace was trying to wake Nick up without little success. Nick grunted and buried his face into his pillow more. Emma giggled at the way he acted like a child in the mornings when he didn't want to get up.

Emma Grace smiled and cuddled closer to Nick's chest. "Come on Nicky, we have a busy day today." When Nick still didn't respond Emma Grace started leaving soft kisses on Nick's exposed neck and slowly made her way down to his chest. She ended up straddling him so she could leave more soft kisses on his chest and let her hair fall so it would tickle him.

Emma Grace knew Nick was awake when he let out a soft moan. She smiled and slowly started kissing her way back up to his neck. Nick didn't open his eyes until Emma Grace gently kissed him on the lips. "You're impossible, woman," Nick murmured when Emma Grace pulled away.

"I know. And that's one of the reasons you love me," Emma Grace whispered. It was the same thing she had said to Nick in the summer of 1996 before she found out he planned on leaving Texas. But, unlike that time she didn't regret saying it.

Nick broke into a huge grin and flipped them so she was under him. "I do love you; that's one of the reasons I married you. Now I plan to show you just how much I love you," Nick whispered huskily and passionately kissed Emma Grace while pulling the sheet over them.

Emma Grace's eyes flew open. I did not just dream that! she thought to herself. It took her a moment to remember that she was in Kimberly and Jeff's house and that Nick should be laying beside her. She sat up and looked over to his side of the bed, he wasn't there. Emma Grace was glad he wasn't there so she could feel embarrassed over the dream and not have to explain herself to Nick. Emma Grace shook off her feelings of embarrassment and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

When she entered the kitchen she found Nick sitting at the table with Lexi in her highchair. He was attempting to get Lexi to eat breakfast. "Having any luck?" Emma inquired as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"I am. I learned that Lexi Mae enjoys the flavor of apple, but not the flavor of peas," Nick said making a face that caused Lexi to giggle.

After breakfast, Emma Grace and Nick picked up Lauren and William, who were four and not in school yet, so Gina could get some much-needed work done. The first place Emma Grace and Nick took the kids was to the Dallas zoo. William enjoyed watching the monkeys the most while Lauren was fascinated by the penguins. Lexi seemed to enjoy every part of the zoo, but she paid the most attention to the giraffes.

The group was sitting at a picnic table eating a snack when an older woman who was sitting at the table beside them leaned over and got Emma Grace and Nick's attention. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just had to tell both of you that you have wonderfully behaved children for such a young age and you are one of the cutest families I have ever seen."

Emma Grace was taken back by what the older woman said and was too shocked to say anything, though she could feel the blush creeping up her cheeks. She looked over at Nick and her eyes were pleading for him to come up with some kind of answer to this stranger's statement.

"Thank you, ma'am. We're thankful for all three of them, that's for sure." To say that Emma Grace was floored by Nick's response, and the smile on his face would be an understatement. She turned back to the older woman and hoped that her smile passed for a sign that she agreed with Nick.

When the older woman left, Emma Grace gave Nick a look as if to say he had lost his mind. "What in the world was that?"

"Gracie, it's not that shocking that people think we're together and have three kids when we're out like this. That lady was just being nice and I figured I'd just say thank you instead of making it awkward by saying they were really my sisters' kids, but one sister was in the middle of having a baby and the other was at work," Nick explained getting amused by the look on Emma Grace's face. "You're right," was all Emma Grace said and the group explored the zoo some more.

Emma Grace and Nick dropped Lauren and William off at Gina's house before they went back t Kimberly's. When they walked through the door they heard the home phone ring. Nick went to answer it while Emma Grace set the diaper bag on the counter. When Nick came back he had a huge smile on his face and Emma Grace knew.

"Kimberly had the baby?" Emma Grace was so excited that she had a new little niece.

"Yeah, and both mom and baby are perfect," Nick said smiling ear to ear.

The two didn't go to the hospital right away. First Jeff's parents and Nick's  parents went to the hospital to meet their new grandchild. Gina and her husband Allen took their five children to meet the newest addition to the Stokes family next. Everyone had made a trip to the hospital by the time Emma Grace and Nick put Lexi in the car and drove her to the hospital to meet her baby sister.

"Kimberly, she's beautiful!" Emma Grace exclaimed when Kimberly handed her the newborn baby.

"Thanks," Kimberly said smiling while she held Lexi.

"What did you name her?" Nick asked looking over Emma Grace's shoulder at the bundle of pink she was holding.

"We named her Elizabeth Grace," Kimberly said smiling.

"What?" Emma Grace asked astonished. Then the tears filled her eyes. "Thank you," she whispered and Kimberly affectionately reached out a squeezed her arm.

Kimberly, Jeff, and baby Elizabeth came home from the hospital two days later. Emma Grace and Nick stayed with them for two days, then Ashley stayed with Emma Grace and Nick stayed at his parents' house to spend some time with the other members of his family. Two days after that Emma Grace was driving Nick to the airport, which had become their new routine when he came home. Before Nick boarded his plane, Emma Grace told him that she may be taking a trip to Las Vegas in the near future. Nick told her to just let him know and she could stay at his place. Then he was on his way back to Las Vegas while Emma Grace stayed in Texas.