Youth Of The Night (Chapter 9)

9.

Before I get started, I just wanted to remind everyone who wasn't already informed, my usual desktop has got a nasty virus. I can still use it to upload but I won't be doing it as frequently. I am supposed to be going back to visit my parents the first weekend in May and my brother is going to fix my computer while I'm there. So I'm sorry for the delayed uploading, but thank you so much for the wonderful comments and I love that ya'll getting into the story! Please continue to comment and vote vote vote!!!

Stacy

Now back to the story!

___________________________________________________________

In English class Monday morning Bethany bounced in as she usually does, Ali always wondered how she was always so damn happy.

"Hey, Ali. How was your weekend?"

Ali just grunted laying her head down in her arms, she didn't want to talk about it, especially with HIM sitting a few feet away.

"What's wrong?" Bethany whispered as she moved closer.

Ali lifted her head slightly looking towards Rhys, who sat rigid in his seat, his hands tightly clenching the edges of the desk. Instead of saying anything she mouthed "Rhys". Bethany's eyes grew wide and mouthed back "What happened?", Ali sighed heavily then pulled out a piece of paper begining to scribble her lie down, having to make up something for her human friend to believe.

--- We hung out Saturday. I thought things were going well, thought wrong. He didn't like me like I thought and he hurt my feelings.

Ali folded the paper and handed it over quickly hoping Rhys didn't notice. She watched Bethany's face change with shock, then began to scribble a note back.

---So your not interested in him anymore? Can I ask him out?

Ali took the note, once she finished reading it quickly, her jaw fell. She couldn't believe what she just read, Bethany was really clueless, how was she even friends with that girl? Ali quickly scribbled a note back, then threw it back at Bethany.

--- Be my guest, but when you get screwed over like always, DO NOT come to me. I can't believe you really just asked me that Bethany! What kind of friend are you? Oh I know, YOU'RE NOT ONE.

Ali threw her hand in the air to get Coach Nelson's attention.

"Yes, Allison?"

"I need to use the restroom." He nodded and Ali shot out of her seat aware of the two sets of eyes following her every move.

___________________________________________________________

Alpha had promised he'd be safe at school and if anything new came up about his mom he'd be informed immediately. Rhys was on edge, he was still pissed at himself for his mother's disappearance, and now for the way he had acted toward Ali. Honestly, the short time he had spent alone with her had been the some of the best moments he had in a long time.

He heard her feverishly scribbling back and forth with Bethany then threw the paper at her friend. When she had asked to use the bathroom he watched her every move until she was out the door. As the door clicked shut there was a light tap on Rhys' shoulder, he turned to see Bethany yet again trying to give him a seductive smile.

"Hey Rhys."

"Hi." His voice grim, he couldn't conjure up a smile if he wanted to.

"So I hear you no longer like Ali." Bethany purred.