Youth of the Night (Chapter 20)

20.

I know this chapter is pretty short. Sorry! I was trying to post something for ya! I'm hoping the next chapter will be a bit longer! Please don't forget to vote vote vote and comment. I love the comment's I've received so far, you guys are WONDERFUL! Thanks again!

<3<3<3<3 Bunches

Stacy

__________________________________________________________________________

The darkness was enough to drive a man insane. Most of the time Rhys had to fight that urge to let go of his sanity. Focusing on Ali's voice or the television she leaves on. He could hear the strain in her voice both out loud and mentally, it was hard for her to carry on a one sided conversation. He wished he had a way of telling her to nap, they knew they could see each other that way.

"Any change?" A woman's voice asked.

"No." Ali simply replied, he assumed it was a nurse. Sensing she was moving about him, he heard the beeping of machines as they tinkered away.

"I'm going to send the doctor in now, he needs to see these read outs." The woman stated as her voice trailed off, Rhys could only guess she walked out of the room.

"Stupid nurse." Ali mumbled. "I guess they are worried about you heart rate spikes. You really shouldn't do that, Rhys."

'I know.' Rhys thought, he only wished his thoughts could reach her when she was awake. 'Why is this happening to me? I want to wake up, I feel fine. Oh God, please help me.'

___________________________________________________________________

"Why, Alpha, what brings you to my house?" Mrs. Canis' raspy voice croaked as she answered the door.

"I need to ask you a couple questions." Connor looked over the frail elderly lady. Her thinning hair was white as a sheet and pulled into a neat bun upon her head.

"Well do come in." She said moving out of the door way to let Connor pass. He went right for the small living room taking a seat on the couch. Helen Canis' living room looked formal, uncomfortable couches hardly broken in, a well stocked china cabinet in the corner, and the walls were lined with pictures of her family over the years. One in particular caught Connor's attention, she must have been really young, Helen's hair cascaded down her back and she had a bright smile as she glanced over her shoulder to look at the camera. What caught his eye was that fact that something was floating mid air in front of her in the picture. "What is it you need to ask my boy?" Even though Connor was Alpha he was used to the saying, growing up around this pack his entire life, he felt like each of the remaining pack elders were much like grandparents to him.

"The young pup, Rhys, after the disciplinary meeting yesterday he passed out. Now he's in the human hospital in a coma. The doctors say it's because of shock."

"Well that sounds normal, why are you coming to me with this information?" The elder lady urged him to continue.

"My daughter, Ali is promised to him, and she said last night in her sleep he came to her in a dream. He told her he could hear everything but couldn't respond. She continued to tell me that she tried to reach him in the dream but kept getting stopped by some invisible force."

Mrs. Canis interrupted suddenly, "Do you believe her?"

"I didn't at first. I couldn't see how that was possible. But seconds later his heart monitor started to falter, then she talked to him explaining she'd make us understand. Then like some miracle his heart rate leveled out." Even as the words were spilling out of his mouth, Connor still couldn't believe the sight he witnessed. Something was going on with that boy, something he had no idea how to fix.