Youth of the Night (Chapter 17)

17.

Just to let you know this chapter is gruesome, so if you have a weak tummy, stop and don't read further. I will gladly type up a disney version and send it to you. Also, a reader informed me I flubbed on Ali's friend's name... my bad ya'll! That may of been during one of the nights I was on some migraine meds and not thinking straight. Her name is supposed to be Bethany, so if you see MANDY somewhere let me know where it is so I can fix it! Thanks! Don't forget to VOTE VOTE VOTE and comment!!! Thanks!!!! Stacy

__________________________________________________________________

Walking around the side of the large white house, Rhys could the soft buzz of constant chatter. Continuing to walk towards the rest of the pack he saw the council table set up outside with Connor seated in the middle of everyone else.

"Rhys, Connor will call you when you are to come up and testify about your father." Kalee whispered kindly to him, staring into his eyes a bit longer ensuring herself of his sanity. She knew how much her daughter cared for him, but she understood the next few hours were going to be tough on him. Something deep down told her this would be restitution for a lifetime of pain he had suffered through.

"I'll be fine, Mrs. Baynes." Rhys gave her a reassuring smile as he walked to the front row of seating so Connor could easily spot him. He continued to remind himself that he had to keep his cool. This was all for his mother, and the years of pain he made her suffer through.

Within minutes the rest of the pack settled down as Connor slammed a gavel on the long table. "Quiet, everyone." He paused to make sure he had everyone's attention, his eyes skimming over everyone in front of him. "Council, Pack, I have called you here tonight to make a final judgment on a traitor of our pack. This man, Avery Collins, is responsible for two deaths among us. Also he conspired to remove the Baynes' from Alpha position wrongfully." Connor looked out at his pack, the face ranged from hurt, anger, and undecided. He let his fall lastly on Rhys, he sat there nervously bouncing his legs up and down. "Rhys Collin, please come forward."

Rhys leaped from his seat, standing directly in front of the Council's table. "Good evening, Alpha."

"Good evening, Rhys." Connor nodded to him giving him a slight smile. "Now, Rhys. Please tell the rest of the council and pack how life was for you at home before everything happened."

"Well, for as long as I can remember my father took his anger out of my mother, and if she wasn't there, I'd often take the brunt force of his anger. There would be daily beatings for one of us or both. Numerous times I had to call the ambulance of our previous packs to come help her, though the Alpha's would never help. I believe they knew my father was no good and refused to get involved so there would be no retaliation. About 5 years ago my father's anger grew worse and he craved more, then set his sights at becoming a Alpha, however he had to acquire it. He spent a long time researching many different packs, then he found this pack, since its one of the largest in the country he wanted it. When I was finally old enough to shift he stopped beating me, knowing I could likely take him out. So he then recruited me to be his helper in his dream of obtaining Alpha position." Rhys dropped his shoulders, he knew what he was saying didn't look good on his part, he could hear a few people behind him snarling at his honesty. Wanting nothing more than to make them understand he didn't want any part in his father's devilish plans, Rhys continued on. "Once I got to know Alpha Ian and his family, I knew I had to stop my father before something horrible happened to them. I always thought he wouldn't make it this far into his plot, but I had to try and stop him. I went to Alpha Ian explaining what was coming, he helped get my mother and myself out. But unfortunately my mother left, she said she knew he'd find her if she didn't find him first. My mother often took the beating for me so I wouldn't have to endure them, and so in the end she paid the final price." Rhys stopped, turning to look at the rest of the pack. Many had their mouth gaped open in surprise. "We found her, murdered by the hands of my father."