Youth of the Night (Chapter 21)

21.

I know I took a bit to post everyone, I'm sorry. I've had a rough week, and some terrible writer's block. I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Please vote vote vote and comment! And I just wanted to thank all the new fans for adding me! Everyone of my fans are awesome, Thank you!

<3<3<3 Bunches and bunches,

Stacy

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Mr. Baynes, I implore you to think about this. If his health starts to fail, you may not have time to make it back." The doctor urged as Connor motioned for a nurse to hurry up.

"I understand the coincidences, doctor. But as his legal guardian, I will make sure he has home care until he wakes up." Once the nurse finally removed all the monitors and tubs, Connor motioned for a guards men come and lift Rhys from the bed. Connor remained behind as the guardsmen carried Rhys out to the waiting vehicles. Ali remained glued to Connor's side, though she knew he was still in his body somewhere he wasn't alone anymore.

"Thank you, Mr. Baynes. If you are worried about anything please feel free to call me. Or bring him back in." The doctor commented as he passed a card over to Connor. Then with a professional hand shake the doctor left the room allowing Ali to gather the rest of her stuff and a few items that were Rhys'.

"Dad, what are we going to do? He's not alone in there." Ali questioned almost in hysterics once again.

"An elder, she may have an idea. Though she doesn't know about this new turn of events." Connor replied as he grabbed up Ali's bags and pushed her to the door. The silently left the hospital, Connor guiding her with his hand on her back urging her forward. "Ali, you have to be strong. Rhys is going need you to remain strong." He whispered as they walked through the crowded lobby. Ali bobbed her head up and down in acceptance and continued to walk out the door to see Blain helping load Rhys in a van.

"He's all loaded in Alpha."

"Thank you, Mitch. We are to take him to Mrs. Canis' house." Connor ordered, he watched the rest of the guards scramble into the van. Ali saw her car sitting a few feet away and held her hand out. She looked at her father, waiting patiently for him to hand the keys over. "Ali, I think you should take it easy, let me drive." Ali shook her head in disagreement and forcefully held her hand out. Reluctantly Connor dropped the keys into her palm, the second she had them in her possession she slipped in the front seat reeving the engine loudly. Finally they both were secured with safety belts and Ali slammed the car in gear and peeled out of the parking lot, quickly catching up with the guardsmen in the van.

Within minutes the small convoy pulled up in front of small home on the far side of the pack's land. Ali had seen it many times growing up, but had never been inside. She knew Mrs. Canis from seeing here at pack meetings and their usual romping in the moonlight every full moon. But what she couldn't figure out is how this old lady was going to help, she seemed like every one else in the pack. How could she help?

__________________________________________________________________________________

"What have you done to me?"

"I told you, Rhys. I will be alpha one way or another." Avery's voice growled within Rhys' head. "Since my body was destroyed, I'll just use yours."

The feeling of complete helplessness washed over Rhys. Unable to control his own body or who was in his head, he needed to find a way to get rid of his father once and for all. He couldn't allow Ali near him until this was over, his father would do anything he could to hurt people that mean the most to him.