Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." -Unknown

~~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

Saturdays were always chill days. I would finish my homework I didn't do yesterday, (which was all of it because I had my date) I would do laundry, and curl up on the couch with a blanket and a book.

I completed my homework, which felt like a decade (but really was only an hour and a half), then I did my laundry that I was behind on, and finally, got to read my book.

I was reading for a while, and then I got bored. Like, really bored.

Hmph, maybe I should go for a drive.

I texted my mom that I was going to take dad's car and drive around for a little while, and she said ok.

I grabbed the keys hanging on the hook next to the door, and also my sunglasses which were on the little stand underneath the key rack.

I put on black combat boots, which matched nicely with my tan tank top, black leggings, and military green jacket. I had curled my hair in the morning, since I was bored as well.

I swung my small black leather backpack (which I used as a purse), around my shoulder, locked up the house, and headed out.

While I was driving, I didn't know where my destination actually was.

Then, I thought to myself, I really want something to drink and to snack on. I'll go to Starbucks!

I loved Starbucks, since they had a wide variety of drinks and snacks. I decided to walk in instead of go through the drive-through, so I parked my car and went inside.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" the nice lady at the counter asked.

"May I have a grande iced chai latte with vanilla please?"

"Okay, sure. Anything else?" she asked.

"Umm, can I have a chocolate croissant as well?"

"Of course. Name?"

"Lindsey," I responded.

"Okay, you can scan now."

"Thank you!" I told the lady. She smiled at me and I walked to the place where you receive the drinks.

I waited patiently, sitting on the chairs next to the counter, scrolling aimlessly on my phone to help time pass by. Then, I heard my name called. But, it wasn't from the Starbucks workers.

I turned around, and to my surprise, I saw Jake. I smiled and waved at him when he approached me.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I asked.

He was all sweaty, so I assumed he was running or something.

"I went to the gym across the street, and I come in here to get water afterwards." he responded.

"Cool," I said.

"I have a grande iced chai latte with vanilla for Lindsey?" I heard the man call.

I thanked him while grabbing my drink, and he also handed me my croissant.

"I have a venti iced water for Jake?"

"Thanks man," I heard Jake say, and then he walked back towards me.

"So, how did you get here?" he asked.