Chapter 29 ~ Silence

Lindsey's POV:

My phone emitted a ring from the arm of the couch. I picked it up without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hey Linds, it's Jordan. Wanna meet me at Starbucks to plan out my ask?" he asked me.

"Sure, I'll be there in ten minutes."

"Great, see you then."

I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse that was sitting on the coffee table.

I walked into my parents' room to see my mom.

"Hey, I'm going to Starbucks to meet up with Jordan. Can I use the car?"

"Sure hon, I'll see you later."

I gave her a hug and walked out of her room and to the door.

I grabbed my military green jacket, as well as slipped on a pair of ankle high black boots, and headed out the door, keys in hand.

~~~~~

"So, what do you think I should do?" Jordan asked.

We sat across from each other at a small Starbucks table, the noise in the cafe and the smell of coffee spread throughout the entire room.

Both of our laptops were opened in front of us as we discussed what ideas we had for our reason of being here.

"I'm not sure. Leia likes things to be perfect, as you probably already know." I said after taking a sip from my iced tea.

"True. What are some things she likes?" he asked.

"Her favorite color is pink, she likes movies, and her favorite sport is football."

"Okay, so what can we do to make her say, 'Will you go out with me? Plus movies, football, and pink.' "

"Yea, those things are kind of scattered. Let's think of something else." I suggested.

"Okay."

We scrolled through our computers silently, until Jordan's words pulled me out of my intent focus on the computer screen.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked, looking up t Jordan.

"I asked if you were okay. You seem a little off."

"Yea, I'm fine. Just a rough week, that's all." I said casually.

Partially, that sentence was true. The other part, about being fine, that wasn't completely accurate.

"Okay." he said, still not convinced.

He continued. "Anyways, I thought we could make her like a trail of pictures of things that we like."

"That's a good idea. How about we make pictures relating to you guys and how you met, then hang them all around the animal shelter, so that when we get there, she'll see them as she walks to check in."

"That's an awesome idea Linds, good job. But, how am I actually gonna ask her?" he questioned.

"Hmmm." I thought for a second.

"Got it. You can be standing in the check in room, with a collage of all the posters you strung around the shelter pasted onto a poster board. You can write 'will you go out with me?' on that." I elaborated.