Chapter 47

This Kiss-Cover by Alex Day

I focus solely on my phone laying still on the bedside table. I grab at the power of the moon shining in through the open window out of pure boredom.

Fascination and satisfaction course through my body as the cell phone lifts up into the air, floating on nothing but air. There's a knock on my door, and I lose my concentration for a fraction of a second. The phone falls back onto the table with a loud clatter. Frustrated, I glare at the door "Yes?" I ask politely just in case it's Melina. "Hey it's me, can I come in?" Adelram's voice calls from the other side of the door.

Without waiting for my answer, he opens the door and steps in, standing next to the bed that I'm sitting on. "What's the point of asking if you're not even going to wait for a reply?" I demand quirking an eyebrow. Adelram smirks at me. "I knew you wouldn't be able to resist my company, so waiting for your reply seemed pointless and arbitrary." he shrugs nonchalantly, as if he weren't being a cocky egoist nearly a second before.

I narrow my eyes at him and stand up, stepping closer to him. "You know, before you so rudely interrupted, I was actually moving me cellphone, with my mind I mean." I inform Adelram excitedly. A smile stretches on Adelram's lips as he looks at me, a small spark in his eyes. "That's incredible Princess, you're progressing so fast." he states. Fast? It took me six hours to move a friggin pebble! "I know it seems like it took much longer than it should have, but for most people it takes from a range of two-four weeks to learn something you might consider simple." Adelram explain.

Two to four weeks? Dang! And I though six hours was long...

Suddenly a thought comes to mind, one that I've been contemplating over and over in my head almost since I met Adelram.

"Jake?" I say "I mean Adelram?" I quickly correct.

"Hmm?"

"Can you read my mind?" I ask anxiously waiting for his reply. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, everything so far has pointed to him being able to, but I need the confirmation, I need to know for sure.

Adelram nervously fidgets with him hands, biting his bottom lip. I can't help but stare distractedly as his pearly white teeth bite into his fluffy pink lip. Adelram looks up at me with a smirk winking flirtatiously at me. I blush and look to the floor. That seemed to have given Adelram the confidence he needed because he smirks at me "yeah, I have the ability to read minds, got it from my mom." he concedes, finally after an appropriate amount of torture.

My eyes widen as humiliation runs through me. Suddenly realization sets in.

All of the times that I had thought of Jake's sexy body, or his intoxicating smell, or how badly I wanted him to kiss me, he was listening. "So are you just like, always reading my mind?" I ask, as answer, Adelram takes a step closer to me and says "oranges and peppermint huh?" With a smirk on his lips. I feel myself blush profusely, oh gosh.

"You know when we first met and you were thinking I was 'frickin hot'? Or when you were thinking to Cassandra 'get your slutty hands off him'? How about That time you were thinking about what our babies would look like? Or when you were staring at my abs and you were thinking that they were the perfect amount of tan, that each of my eight 'well defined abs' were placed perfectly in a long line down my stomach? Or that time when you kept thinking about what it would be like to kiss my lips? No...I wasn't reading your mind." Adelram hints a mischievous smirk appearing on his lips. I feel myself flare with an intensifying embarrassment. Every single thought I had, he heard it. I bite my lip completely mortified.

"Hey." Adelram comforts putting his hand under my chin and lifting it "I think about kissing you all the time." he admits giving me a half-smirk. I feel myself blush impossibly deeper.