Chapter 63

Lost Boy-Ruth B

My eyes resisted opening against the intense light. I squeezed my eyes shut and open them repeatedly until my eyes adjusted to the florescent lights hanging from the ceiling and the brightness began to dim.

My nose burned as I sniffed the air, cringing when I smelled the foul scent of cooked skin.

I reluctantly force myself to look down at my body and instantly regret it. The sight was so sickening I nearly passed out. My skin is charred to a bright red so intense, it puts Elmo's fur to shame. Blisters littered all across my skin from the burns. I didn't even want to know what my face looked like. I can't help but wonder that even if Adelram was alive and came to save me, would he be able to know that it's me?

My entire body is stinging and sizzling, but thankfully my cooking is over because I'm no longer in that horrible, horrible room. Instead in a too bright empty room with pure white walls and flooring.

I shake uncontrollably when the door to the room opens and in walks the buff  guy I know as Slyder. "I saw you take that leftover little pill of yours, quite disappointing, didn't get to watch you go through the torturing awake." He sighs sadly, but the "sadness" is soon replaced by narrowed, angry eyes. "You must think you're so clever." He sneers.

"Well guess what? I was just going to leave you alone with your boiled skin and blisters until tomorrow, but now because of your little rebellion, you get an extra little punishment." He informs me with a smirk.

I feel my breathing fasten as I consider the thousands of traumatic torturing techniques he could use while I have this burnt skin.

Didn't he get it? I didn't swallow that pill to show him that I'm clever, or that I could outsmart him, I swallowed the pill because I couldn't keep going through that terrible pain.

I watch as he pulls his newest form of torture out of his pocket.

My eyes widen to the size of saucers. My breath catches in my throats and I swear I almost pass out just from imagining how hideously painful it's going to be. There's no way that he could ever top this type of torture. This is a whole new level, a level I never thought would be possible to reach. But man was I wrong, I was so wrong.

"Oh God no, please, please no. I'll do anything, please. Please Slyder please!" I beg, my voice scratchy and ringing obviously with fear.

He simply smiles menace-fully, taking slow, composed steps towards me, as if only to drag out the anticipated fear of it all.

I jerk around forcefully as hard as I can, trying desperately to break free from the shackles.

Oh gosh, he wouldn't really do it would he? Oh who am I kidding? Of course he would, and that's the scariest part.

As I'm shaking and jerking wildly in my seat, Slyder shows no remorse, slowly pressing the large ball of steel wool against my boiled and burnt skin.

I shake my head back and forth harshly "please Slyder I'm begging you please, please don't do this. I'll do anything you want, just don't do this" I plead, feeling the panic run through every part of my veins, coursing through my entire body.

He simply winks at me, before rubbing the steel wool as hard as he can against my skin. The tiny thin wires in the wool slice against my  blistered skin, resulting in more pain than I ever could have ever imagined.

The screams pouring out of my mouth echo across the room and down the hall. As he scraps the wool against every inch of my body, all I can do is scream. I begin falling unconscious from the overwhelming pain.

As though the steel wool wasn't hurting enough, he uses his horrible ability to increase the pain; all I can see now is the blackness, though the pain never leaves. I still feel every scrape and scrub he shoves against my raw body.

Tears fill my eyes, I can't cry though. My tearless streak is the only thing that's holding any ounce of dignity and strength in me. If I let just one tear loose, I'm letting go of every amount of strength and power I have left, which isn't much at all. But when it's all you have, you learn to grab onto it like your life depends on it. If I let the salty water out of my eye and roll down my red face, than I know that along with that tear, I'll lose the small amount of defiance I have left.

I can't lose it, if I lose that, then I lose myself. If I lose that, then that's letting Slyder win. As soon as that tiny amount of defiance is gone, I'm gone also.

Once he's finally done scraping and scrubbing every inch of my burning body, I let out a shaky breath, begging the water that fills my eyes, not to fall down. Gosh, it hurts like hell. Shoot, that doesn't even come near to describing the immense amount of pain I'm going through right now. I can feel each scrape each blister, each burn, and it's overwhelming. I can feel little of leftover pieces from the steel wool that got stuck in my skin.

I honestly don't know how I'm still alive, it's not fair, I don't want to be strong right now. I want to cry, to scream, and to let every ounce of pain come pouring out in tears, but most of all, I just want to die. Why do I have to go through this sick torture multiple times a day? Why can't my weak body just let go of life already? Why can't I take my final breath and just forget this pain. I hate this, I hate the hell out of this.

My thoughts keep circling around four things, one, Adelram and Abigail. Two, mom. Three, death. And four, escaping.  I want to escape almost as much as I want to die, and that's saying a lot, but I have no clue whatsoever on how I'd do that. He's got me bolted down to a steel chair, but even if he didn't, I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't be able to, I'm too weak to do anything. I don't want to give up, i don't want to leave Abigail or my mom and especially Adelram but it seems as though that's the only option I have left. I just can't continue this pain anymore and it's still only the first day.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Sup dawgs? It's been short, filler chapters lately, sorry for that. I'm just dealing with a bit of a writers block that I'm trying to get over.

Slyder is psychotic, I keep crying when I write this book, because Kamaria is just so strong even though all she wants is to give up on everything, including life. And Slyder is like the most disgusting thing ever ugh I hate him/it soooo much. lol I'm talking about fictional characters like they're real.

Next chapter is when shiz starts happening.

Please comment, read, vote, and promote!!!