[20] Sick

Avery Holmes

  A few days later, the rest of the boys knew. Niall told them, one by one, but I decided to just stay out of it. And to my surprise; they weren't upset at me. In fact, they showed love and care for me that nobody else had before.

  Darcy was supposed to arrive in a few days, and I honestly wasn't sure if I should be excited or nervous. I knew that having another girl around would be fun, but I'd also have to open up to her and find a way to tell her my dark secret.

  "Hey babe," I felt some arms snake around my waist and I smirked, looking beside me and finding Niall looking down at me, the same sort of smirk on his face. He wasn't that much taller than me, which I thought was funny and even made fun of him for.

  "I miss our Motel 6 so much." I whispered against his lips. "Promise me we'll go back?"

  "Ya." He nodded, holding me close. "And soon, I'm getting homesick from it. Is that possible?"

  "Dunno." I giggled. "But I think I feel that, too. Where's Aimee?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

  "She's taking her nap, I think she was getting a little warm before and she was complaining of being tired so I thought she could take an early one. That's okay, right?" I nodded.

  "As long as she goes to bed for me tonight, it's fine." I smiled. 

  "For us Ave. She's mine, or partially mine, now, too. Remember? I'm gonna help you raise her and be the daddy that she deserves so you don't have to worry anymore about her or being alone." I was so soothed by his words, it felt like he could always calm me down.

  "Sorry." I smiled, pecking his lips before licking my own. "Where are the guys?" It was unusually quiet in the suite, too quiet to be filled with four other rowdy boys.

  "Think Harry and Louis were hanging out in Lou's room, Liam went out, and I dunno about Zayn. Probably sleeping, he's always sleeping in seems." Niall chuckled, playing with my hands, folding them into his. 

  "I don't blame him. He's a busy guy, he deserves it." I stalked off to the balcony, not going outside right now because of the wind. It was an unusually windy and cold day, and so leaving the comfort and warth of the suite was definitely a no-no. I was fine were I was.

  "So, what do ya want to do today?" Niall asked, looking over at Aimee, who was asleep on our big, king sized bed, putting his hands on his hips. I bit my lip, I honestly had no more plans today than sitting around and being lazy. Instead of telling him that, though, I turned the question on him.

  "What do you want to do today?" I asked, grabbing a blanket and sitting in front of the french doors that led into the balcony. He sighed, plopping down beside me, his hand on the small of my back.

  "I know what I want to do, I wanna play my guitar for you. But it's not here, so..." He frowned. "You haven't even heard me play all this time, have ya?" I shook my head.

  "Nope. I didn't even know that you could play. Goes to show how much we know about each other." I teased, leaning my head on his shoulder. He chuckled and messed with my hair, which earned him a slap on the arm. He at least knew how much I hated my hair getting messed up.