[30] California

Avery Holmes

"Babe, time to wake up." Niall's voice whispered, rubbing my arm lightly. I frowned, yawning and stretching in the small bed. When I opened my eyes, I was surprised that there wasn't light coming through the window. And then I remembered- we were going to the hotel in California.

"What time is it?" I asked, my voice scratchy.

"Like, one. Everyone is getting up now so we can check in." He said. "You look beautiful, by the way." I felt his lips pressed against my forehead and I looked up at him, blushing. I wouldn't mind being woken up like this every morning.

"Well, you look incredibly handsome." I complimented him, making his cheeks turn red. Slowly, he came closer to me, until we were kissing slowly. I felt bad about not brushing my teeth, until I remembered that I only brushed them a few hours ago.

"I love you." Niall whispered against my lips, hands on my waist. I smiled, too breathless to reply. I think that he understood that, because he just chuckled as he leaned back over to kiss me once more.

"Hey guys, we're about ready to- oh man!" Suddenly, we were face-to-face with Liam, who was looking at us with horror. My cheeks burned and I looked at Niall to see his, which were probably matching my crimson red ones. I felt so embarrassed.

"Well, bye now." Liam said before we could respond. He shuddered dramatically to make us feel bad and walked away, leaving us alone. Niall immediately started laughing hysterically, clapping his hands together. Mortified, I smacked him on the arm.

"This isn't funny!" I protested. "That was so embarrassing!"

"Nah! He won't care, we've walked in on worse. We were only kissin', babe." He assured me. I put my head in my hands, but decided to just go along with Niall. It was only Liam, and I was good friends with him so I don't think it wouldn't matter in the long run.

Fifteen minutes later, and a few smirks from Liam, I was ready to go. We had pulled up in the parking lot of the hotel- and it was only when we saw the place that we realized it was actually a resort. There were a few pools that could be seen, palm trees all around, and the hotel seemed to be a sky scraper. This definitely wasn't New York.

"I'm guessing you've never been to California?" Harry asked, looking over at me. I didn't realize I was gaping until then.

"Well, I used to live in Nevada but I've never been here. This place looks incredible." I shook my head. "I don't even wanna know how much this costs."

"Doesn't matter, we're billionaries." Louis chuckled from across the room. I looked around, there were only a few people in the trailer. Immediately, my heart started racing- where was my daughter?

"Where's Aimee?" I asked, starting to panic.

"She went in with Sam and your parents." Harry said, grabbing a banana off of the shelf and peeling it from the bottom.

"Well, I'm gonna head in." I decided. "Is it just us four? Where are Darcy, Liam, and Zayn?" I frowned, looking around. There was nobody in the back room that I knew of.

"Must've gone in already." Niall said, coming from the hallway, shirtless. I tried to avert my eyes because the other boys were in the room, but he was really fit. There was no denying it. He slipped on a blue tank top and grabbed his luggage. "Ready?"

Louis, Harry, and I grabbed our luggage and left the trailer. The weather outside was perfect- since it was spring it must've been in the seventies, which was not too hot or not too cold. A guard met us at the front gate and let us into the lobby, where we were reuinited with the rest of our group.

Motel 6 // n.hOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara