Thinking too deep (24)

Alexia's POV

"You're going with her. And so am I. No talk backs, mister." Margarette told Caden in a stern voice and Caden replied with a lazy grin. Margarette shoved him out the doorway and he stumbled down the front steps.

Caden's puppy, which I learned was named Romeo, trailed his owner to the car. I stepped out of the house, smiling warmly at Margarette who returned me with a wink and a light shove down the stairs.

"Cmon girlie, your family's awaiting your arrival." She exclaimed excitedly and I instinctively smiled.

"Why, of course." I replied and walked the few yards from the steps to the car.

I slipped into the backseat next to Caden to told Margarette he would sit back here with me, allowing Romeo to have the luxury of the air conditioned front seat.

"Ready chica?" Margarette asked as she got into the driver's seat and started the engine. Anxiety bubbled inside of me and I felt ecstatic.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied, glancing at Caden who nodded at me.

"Well then, let's get a-to it!"

~~~~~

I guess it was safe to say I had no idea where Margarette was driving me. I only had room for hope in my heart, no time to replace it with the negativity that was once there after meeting Jackson.

Even thinking his name sent a shiver down my spine.

Whatever I had felt, those strange tingles and weird feelings, they were completely gone now. Everything he said seemed like a lie and my mind suddenly drifted back to Jenna and Taylor and that oh so wonderful soccer game. Why had that day been so different? Why did I feel like I belonged there? I felt like I fit in that day, like I fit in with the mafia group.

Woah, that was one weird sentence.

I tried my best to stop thinking about the last and found myself staring out the window at the moving houses and scenery. Everything seemed so real now, unlike before when everything was in a rush and all hazy.

Now things began to make sense.

It was scary to think that I could've had Stockholm syndrome and actually caved into my kidnapper.

I shuddered.

Would I of let that happen?

Would I!?

I shook my head to rid the thoughts and focused back on to where we were driving. I kept waiting for the surroundings to look familiar but I wasn't sure where Margarette and Caden lived, so I didn't know where we would pass or when we would get back to my home town.

I just hoped it was soon.

And I hoped I would never think how I did before ever, ever, again.

~~~~~~~

How was it?

Sorry they're getting shorter but these are easier to update than longer chapters. And sorry for going over a month without updating, I just had no clue where I was going with the storyline. Glad I got it figured out!

Tell me what u guys thought!!

❤️❤️