Sorry not sorry

Dennise

"Please tell me you kissed, you made up and I can finally tell the world that my ship is real" Bea nudged me slightly as I was tying my shoelaces.

"That. Or that we're going to have little AlyDen babies scampering around!" Ella piped up from beside me. May lahing kabute ang mga teammates ko.

"Ella! You know it doesn't work that way!" Ella held her hand up.

"Woah. Chill, Besh. I'm just saying. The AlyDen thing is good too. So, nasabi mo na ba?" I just shook my head and sighed.

"Hindi pa. I was about to say it pero mukhang ayaw niya pang pag-usapan. I can understand why tho. Medyo lasing siya kagabi. Tsaka, nalilimutan mo ata na may plano tayo." I shrugged and continued stretching.

"Sooo, the plan is still on?" Bea asked. "Shouldn't we wait until the game is over?"

"We're going to definitely focus on this game first. We're going to bring one for the team. Get your lazy assess out there already"

"Uhmmm... Ate Den" Bea started, she has a weird look in her eyes.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I arched a brow at her.

"Besh, maglalaro ka nang walang knee pads? Baliw ka ba?" Ella questioned. I looked down and realized that I was indeed not wearing any. Oh God, saang lupalop ba ako nanggaling kanina.

"I uhh... Nalimutan ko ata sa dorm" I said when I couldn't find my knee pads anywhere. Nataktak ko na ang laman ng bag ko pero wala talaga. I can't play without one!

"Since when do you forget knee pads, Ate Den? That's just weird" Bea said.

"Yeah. Sa lahat ng makakalimutan mo, talagang knee pads pa. From what planet are you?" agreed Ella.

"Planet Phenom" I muttered under my breath pero hindi nila nadinig. Buti na lang.

"Here. Use mine" A familiar voice said and soft black piece of clothing hit me straight in the face.

"Valdez! What the heck was that?" I scolded her after picking up the knee pads.

"You need it more than I do. I keep an extra pair in my locker." Alyssa said nonchalantly. Right, leave it to Alyssa to save the day.

"Okay, Lovebirds, aalis na kami. Parang awa niyo, do not defile the dugout." Ella said suggestively.

I rolled my eyes and started unlacing my shoelaces when Alyssa got down on her knees.

"Whoa. Dude. What are you doing?" I said and pushed her slightly, her face is inches away from mine.

"I'm helping you out. You'll be late. You don't wanna do an extra set of suicides right?" Alyssa mumbled and continued unlacing my other shoe.

"We'll be doing more than suicides, Ly. Makakarating kay Coach yung nangyari." I said but she just shrugged.

"I deserve it anyway." Alyssa removed the shoe. "Ang baho ng paa mo" She teased, scrunching her nose.

I pushed her off and she lost balance, landing on her butt. I laughed out loud and quickly put on the knee pads. Alyssa was still glaring at me when I finished then she started grinning mischievously.

"So, you wanna play rough?" she said in a low voice that made me flinch.

"Uhh... I think we better get going, Ly"

I gulped and stood up not really trusting myself when Alyssa uses that kind of tone on me. Alyssa acted like she didn't hear what I just said and took a step closer to me. She inches her face towards me and I can't move. More like I don't want to move. Oh wait. No. No. No.