4:The Walk and the Worry

We walk to the market talking about this and that; I am following him since I do not know my way around this place. When we find a market, he pays for my gum too, saying that it would be absurd for me to bother to get my wallet out for one dollar or so. We walk back to the hotel and go to my room. He comes in the room and sits on my bed while I give him the two joints I rolled while I was smoking before. He takes them and gets his lighter out. Wait, isn't he going back to his room to smoke with his friends? He lights one and after taking a hit he smiles. God, he says, I missed this. I said the same thing when I first found the stash, I say. When the first joint is nearly over Jack's phone begins to ring. He answers it and I only hear Jack's replies to this unknown person:

Yeah?

Really? Is she okay?

Oh man that messed up. What are we going to do?

Is he bringing our many back at least?

That's really messed up man I gotta go. I'll be there in ten.

Jack looks at me with a worried face me and says: "Apparently some girl jumped out from her balcony to the pool and security found out that she was on MDMA. Finn told me that he met the daughter of the hotel's owner because she is a fan of ours and that she told it to him. The girl is okay now but police came by and is interviewing people and searching some rooms and in the morning they will search all of the rooms."

I am scared and my first instinct is to look through the peep hole to see if anyone is there. I see a couple of people out of their rooms and I see two cops leaving their room. Then the one police starts patting the girl from head to toe. While I am watching in terror, Jack remains calm and opens all the windows to get rid of the smell. "We have to get rid of it" I say, "We can flush it down the toilet" . "And the grinder too? He says with a harsh tone. We have to get it out and get rid of it outside the hotel, he says. I cannot risk carrying it on me with police looking for drugs on people, I say with a harsher tone.

He smiles and says "I have an idea" and before he can share his idea we hear a knock on the door. "Police! Open your door" announces the person knocking on the door. He says:" Ash we do not have any time please do not interfere or say anything" and while he is saying that, he grabs the zip-lock bag, the rolling paper and the grinder. Then he says "please shh" and pulls one cup of my bra and puts the stash in before I can even comprehend what is happening. He gives the other materials to me and I put them in the other.

After I adjust my bra he opens the door. "Sorry, we were getting dressed" he says to the officer pulling a perfect innocent face. Yeah, I say. It's okay, she says, I just need to ask you a couple of questions. She asks if we know anything about the incident today and if we know from where the girl might have gotten an illegal substance like this. "I heard it from my brother" Jack says, and no officer, we do not know from whom she might have found such a thing. After asking some more questions, she lets us go.

We get on the elevator once again, to go to the lobby floor to get out. There are two officers on either side of the door. "Can you please put your hands up and open your legs" one officer says with a monotonous tone. You can see that he is tired from people arguing with him on this issue. With my heart nearly out my chest I do what he says.