5:The Drive

He perfunctorily pats on me and moves onto Jack. I take a deep breath and try to control my trembling legs. He lets us go when he does not find anything on Jack. We walk hastily to the exit and we start laughing because of the sudden release of stress. Come, Jack says, this way. A few meters away is the parking lot, and Jack goes toward a red 87 Renault curbside. “Is this yours? I ask with horror. The car is old and rusty. He sees the expression on my face and laughs. “Nah” he says, we rented it to use it here.  Of course he did. How would he bring his own car to an island? He leans to the car and takes his phone out. He dials a number and holds the phone to his ear. “I’m calling Finn to see if he and Caspar would like to come, and also the keys are in our room” he says. Then Finn picks up the phone.

     Five minutes later I am shaking Finn Harries’ hand. It’s nice to meet you too, I say.  We get into the car and drive along the shore to find an isolated place we can smoke. We arrive to this beach Finn knows. I get out and look around. We are at a small bay which is not yet owned by and hotel or restaurant.  There are masses of rock here and there and very far away is a small raft. The initial plan was to sit at the beach and smoke, but Caspar proposes to swim to the raft and smoke there. Finn and Jack love the idea and instantly start taking their clothes off whilst running to the sea. When Jack is about to get his boxers off, I say “Calm your tits, I don’t want to see random penises hanging about“ All of them laugh way too my to this statement. All of us stop and take the rest of the clothes off when the cold water hits our ankles. Finn looks at the clothes thrown all over the beach and says, “If all of your clothes are off, where is the weed Jack?”

     Jack smiles with the most gigantic smile I’ve ever seen and says to me “ Show them” . I take the stuff, the grinder and the paper out of my bra. Caspar says “ You’ve gotta be kidding me!” and starts laughing and in no time we all are laughing. Jack says “I guarantee that this will be the best stuff you will ever smoke” and Finn replies: “Come on than, lets go!” and takes the paper and the grinder from me and throws himself to the dark water. I follow him and rest of the crew follows me. It is really hard to swim trying to keep the weed dry, so Jack and Caspar catch up with me eventually. We get on the raft and sit in a circle.

     I get the last joint I rolled and light it, but before I can smoke Jack grabs it and says “Where are your manners Ashley? “ right before he smokes and passes it back to me.  After I smoke and pass it to Finn, I say “Its not Ashley, my name actually is Aurora, but last year I spent my summer in eastern parts of Turkey, working with small children and it was really hard for them to pronounce Aurora so I switched to Ash. “ Wow, Fin says, “What was Turkey like?”  Jack interrupts the conversation to say “ I am very sorry to interrupt and imma let you finish, but this is the closest Caspar has been to have his lips on a tit and I just had to point that out”, meaning the joint was in my bra and now it was Caspar’s turn to smoke. We all crack up except for Caspar. He glares at Jack but then he joins us, not able to hold it in any longer. 

     "Wow Jack that actualy was hurtful" Finn says. "It's ok" Caspar says, "let the man be good at SOMETHING, he sucks at a lot of ones" . Jack glares him comically and says "Well I can totally beat you at swimming" I am an actual dolphin Harries bring it, says Caspar and jums into the water. JAck jumps into the water leaving Finn and me alone.