10.) Okay?

Chloe's P.O.V.

I heard the faint sound of people running around, but my eyes refused to open. It was like they were stuck together with an unknown force. So I lay there trying to regain my strength. It felt hard to move. Even trying to lift my baby finger felt like I was trying to pick up a mountain. 

I started to breathe in and then out a couple of times, as I felt a cold substance found its way into my bloodstream. I let out a small sigh and opened my eyes. 

White, a blinding white was the fist thing that I saw. I shut them back together again and groaned. Ugh now I'm getting a headache. I slowly opened my eyes waiting for the shocking whiteness. This time I was ready.

The first thought that I had was were was I and the second was why Luke and Alex looked like they were going to cry. I opened my mouth to say something when Luke came rushing to my rights side of the bed and Alex on the left. 

I gave them each a small smile, Luke was the first to speak. 

"God Chloe do you even realize that amount of pain I would have gone through if you had died?!? Do NOT ever do that to me again Chloe, do you understand?" He looked like he was going to cry again so I nodded and hugged him as tight as I could,

I didn't know that he cared that much about me, I mean I kinda guessed it but never really thought that he would be in that much pain over my death. 

I let my hands slide down on to this cheeks and pulled his head up to mine and gave him a quick peck on the lips before I turned and looked at my brother. 

He gave me a sad smile before giving me a giant bear hug and kissing my head. I giggled, he was too cute. But he touched my neck and I yanked back and placed a shaking hand to my neck were my beautiful mark should be. 

There was nothing but a red hot burn mark. " It wasn't a dream." I whispered quietly and let my hand fall onto my lap. Tears threatened to spill but I wouldn't let that happened until I was alone. I looked at Luke and he seemed to know what I was asking.

He rubbed a hand on the back of this neck and looked at me from the corner of hie eye. Sighing he spoke in a gently tone "Chloe, the doctors thought it would be best if Chase stayed away for a bit. To help your wolf regain some strength and for you to heal. I'm sorry." He looked at me and I could feel the sincerity. 

I sighed, why was my life so hard? I really wanted to see Chase so badly but I knew what Luke was saying, my wolf and I weren't ready to see him yet, 

"What happened? I can't remember after we broke out of there and were walking back. Oh my god, are the twins okay? Is everyone okay?" My mouth kept working as Luke placed a hand over my mouth and laughed.

"Yeah their all okay" Then he told me what happened after we were walking in the woods. I sat quietly as he talked. As he was finishing I could feel my eyes starting to drift close. I heard Luke whisper to Alex that they should go, but when Luke went to move I grabbed his hand and yanked him back into his seat.

I opened one eye and peered at him. "Can you stay with me until I fall asleep?" I didn't care how that sounded. I was scared that James would come down, and I knew that I couldn't handle that just yet.

He nodded his hand with a small smile and whispered as I was falling into the arms of sleep, "Of course."

~~~ LATER ~~~

When I woke up, I found Luke sitting uncomfortably in the chair beside me and I felt bad for asking him to stay with me last night. But I couldn't help the small smile that was working its way onto my face. Why was he so cute?

I giggled at the thought of telling Luke that he looked like a worm the way he was curled up on the chair. His eyes fluttered open and I was staring into his eyes, I quickly looked away.

He smirked and said in a sly voice 'Have you been checking me out miss Chloe?"

"Miss? who says miss anymore?" I countered back not wanting him to know that I was/.

"I believe I just did"

"Whatever" I snapped back and went to pull back the blankets. His eyes watched my every move.

I slowly swung my legs around and stared at my legs. What used to be a tanned colour was now mostly cover with dark black bruises.

"Oh" I breathed out. 

 I pulled my eyes away and slowly put one of my shaking feet to the ground and tried to stand up. When I was about to walk, I could feel my legs slid out from under me.  As the floor came closer to my face, a hand reached out and grabbed my arm pulling my into a warm torso.

My whole body was shaking when I looked up to see Luke had caught me before I could hit the ground. He gave me a worried look and I returned it with a small smile. He wrapped his arm around my waist and gave me a side hug.

"Are you sure you want to be out of bed?" Luke said.

I nodded my head, not trusting my voice. This was the closest he has ever been. I swallowed and with his help we walked out of my room.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase's P.O.V.

At the moment I was back at my pack house. The doctor kept me in a mini coma to help my wolf heal my neck. Then they tell me that I can't see Chloe cause I could cause her pain. I just wanted to see her so badly, but if it kept her away from more pain then I would just have to do it.

I was pacing back and forth in Chloe's room with my cellphone in hand. I just got off the phone with Alex and he said that she was doing really well and she should be fine within a week. I sighed in relief. 

I heard a soft knock on the door and saw Hannah poke her head in. "Is she going to be okay?" she asked. 

I gave her a smile and nodded and she gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen. I sat on the bed and she same and sat beside me. 

"She's gonna be fine." I heard myself say.

She nodded and said "Well I wil be glad when I see her walk in this house and yell at me to clean up my room." Hannah sighed. 

I do too, I do too.