Enough

It was only after he'd placed (Name) and Mumen Rider a safe distance away from the Deep-Sea King did the realization that he almost lost her sink in.

He... He almost let you die

You'd think that with so much strength within him he'd never feel weak and yet Saitama felt utterly powerless.

What was the use of all this power if he can't even protect the one person he'd sworn to protect and care for above all else?

Clearly, he still had much to learn and room to grow to become a hero capable of defending everyone.

A gloved hand caressed the soft skin of your cheek, the bald male's lips forming an apologetic smile as his gazed at you with eyes full of remorse, "I'm sorry for being so late. You always did say I have a knack for arriving fashionably late without meaning to..."

Saitama sighed exasperatedly as he continued his ministrations and stared at you with woeful eyes. Although you'd put yourself in danger, he wasn't angry at you but himself because he wasn't there to protect you when you needed it.

He was your husband and as such, was supposed to be the one to defend you from any danger, but he's even doing a shitty job at that!

The hero knew that he loves you with all his heart and the same can be said for you, but there were times when he honestly felt so...so inadequate. Like whatever he may give or what he is will never be good enough for you.

You...You really deserved so much better. Someone who will be able to provide for you and protect you at all times unlike how he only barely managed to do so.

Your own (Eye Color) orbs softened as you leaned into Saitama's touch, hands cupping the hero's cheeks gingerly and pulling him closer so that your foreheads touched.

"It's fine, Sai. What matters is that you're here now and saved us which is more than enough for me. You know that I wouldn't leave you just like that, right? So don't beat yourself up for it, because what you should be beating up is that Fish Freak"

A blinding grin stretched across your face, the kind that Saitama could easily compare to the sun.

That's right, YOU'RE right

He shouldn't be dwelling over the "what if's"

What's important is that he DID save you and that he was going to make sashimi out of that giant fish-man.

Being able to save you was enough

HE was enough.

And you, you will always be more than enough for him.